ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence covering 2 years for FLR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Elle102b
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR (M) / Premium Service Centre

Post by Elle102b » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Hi All,

I’m new to the boards, so a big hello!

I have a couple of questions and wondering if someone can answer? My husband is about to apply for FLR(M), his spouse visa was granted in Aug 2015, valid to 18th May 2018 (33 months), arrived UK 12th Sept 15, qualifying period of 30 months is 12th March 18, so he can apply anytime after 12th Feb (28 days before) – Is this correct? However if he so wished, he can apply anytime up to visa expiry and not just within the 28 day period?

Another question, do you complete the FLR(M) application form online and book an appointment at PSC as part of the process OR can you book an appointment only (pay the visa fee, IHS and PSC charge) and take a paper copy of the visa form with you to the appointment?

Does anyone know current availability for appointments in Glasgow, anyone booked recently?

Thanks kindly
Elle

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) / Premium Service Centre

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:37 pm

so he can apply anytime after 12th Feb (28 days before) – Is this correct? However if he so wished, he can apply anytime up to visa expiry and not just within the 28 day period?
Yes to both your questions.
Another question, do you complete the FLR(M) application form online and book an appointment at PSC as part of the process OR can you book an appointment only (pay the visa fee, IHS and PSC charge) and take a paper copy of the visa form with you to the appointment?
Yes, you can book the appointment and pay the IHS and premium service fees and complete the paper form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Elle102b
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Elle102b » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:35 pm

Thank you for clarifying, it’s such a mine field! :D

Is there a way to complete the application online and choose an appointment as part of that process? Trying to decide which way would be best, not so keen on handwriting forms 😂

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:50 pm

Elle102b wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:35 pm
Is there a way to complete the application online and choose an appointment as part of that process? Trying to decide which way would be best, not so keen on handwriting forms 😂
Yes, see link below.

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ppointment

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

FXR_1340
Member of Standing
Scotland

Post by FXR_1340 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:31 pm

Elle102b wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Does anyone know current availability for appointments in Glasgow, anyone booked recently?
We completed a hardcopy form and the lead-in time from booking to attendance at Glasgow was 5 weeks. The booking was made on December 10 2017.

Good luck

Elle102b
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Elle102b » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Excellent, thank you both for your helpful replies :-)

Prefer the idea of completing online but as my husband and I are both non salaried employment (category A), we wouldn’t know our salary calculation for the last months pay (eg March), which would be after the application form was completed / appt made but before the actual appt. Is it possible to adjust the form online / reprint up until the appt should information change?

Thanks
E

Elle102b
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Elle102b » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:10 pm

FXR_1340 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:31 pm
Elle102b wrote:

We completed a hardcopy form and the lead-in time from booking to attendance at Glasgow was 5 weeks. The booking was made on December 10 2017.

Good luck
Good Luck to you too, appointment must be soon :-)

Elle102b
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR M - Financials requirement / bank statements

Post by Elle102b » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:44 pm

I have a couple of questions regarding FLR(M).

I, as my husbands sponsor meet the financial requirement of £18,600, through Cat A, non salaried employment. My employment is classed as temporary (agency work, but ongoing) and I’ve been in the same position, earning the same amount, since May 2017. My husband (applicant), is in full time, permanent, non salaried employment, but would not meet the requirement by himself, he has been with the same employer since Sept 2015.

Question - should we apply with just my employment details (although temp), or is it better to show his employment too? I think it’s a good idea to show he works, but then we both need to show bank statements, which leads to my next question - we are paid into separate accounts, I receive a statement end of month, he receives middle of the month, we also have a joint account where the bills come from, it’s quarterly and around mid to end of the month. None of them are generated or sent at the same time!

No matter how we try, we will never get all 3 statements to be within the 28 days required! The joint account statements are not really required as part of the financial requirement proof (it’s not the account we are paid into), but again, thought best to show the joint account where we both pay into on pay day, to cover our joint rent / bills.

Any advice?
Thanks!

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR M - Financials requirement / bank statements

Post by CMOSUK » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:29 pm

Elle102b wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:44 pm
I have a couple of questions regarding FLR(M).

I, as my husbands sponsor meet the financial requirement of £18,600, through Cat A, non salaried employment. My employment is classed as temporary (agency work, but ongoing) and I’ve been in the same position, earning the same amount, since May 2017. My husband (applicant), is in full time, permanent, non salaried employment, but would not meet the requirement by himself, he has been with the same employer since Sept 2015.

Question - should we apply with just my employment details (although temp), or is it better to show his employment too? I think it’s a good idea to show he works, but then we both need to show bank statements, which leads to my next question - we are paid into separate accounts, I receive a statement end of month, he receives middle of the month, we also have a joint account where the bills come from, it’s quarterly and around mid to end of the month. None of them are generated or sent at the same time!

No matter how we try, we will never get all 3 statements to be within the 28 days required! The joint account statements are not really required as part of the financial requirement proof (it’s not the account we are paid into), but again, thought best to show the joint account where we both pay into on pay day, to cover our joint rent / bills.

Any advice?
Thanks!
Ask your bank if they can authenticate printed online statements, this way you can print them off of being 28 days and they may sign and verify it either by stamp or an accompanied letter.

Otherwise you can always order the bank statements to your address and they usually take 5 working days.

Remember to include a covering letter to explain this.

I'm regards to showing employment both your income will be counted as a joint/couple so, it is best to show both, especially if your job is agency/temporary.

Although joint statements may not be required for the financial aspect of your application, as you get your pay paid in to separate accounts which should be also shown corresponding with the pay slips, my understanding is a joint account statement would be good for showing that there is cohabitation and the marriage is subsisting from that point of view.

I hope this some what helps.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Elle102b
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: FLR M - Financials requirement / bank statements

Post by Elle102b » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:52 am

Thank you, I appreciate your response to my questions. I had mostly answered them to that effect in my head, but it’s nice to hear other opinions 😃

Elle102b
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Evidence covering 2 years for FLR

Post by Elle102b » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi folks,

Wondering if you can help, does the evidence of address for applicant / spouse really only need to cover the 2 years leading up to the visa application (ie we can apply after 12th Feb, so from 12th Feb 2016 and not when my husband entered the U.K. in Sept 2015?)

Also, can we use joint savings account statements from (eg Oct / Nov 16) as evidence of same address? We are not using this account for the financial requirement at all.

As we lived with my parents for 18 months initially, there are no bills, only joint savings statements. do have a letter from my parents supporting this.

Do work contracts count as evidence of address or would this go under the financial section? And the same with our tenancy agreement signed in Jan 17 and Jan 18, is this joint address evidence?

Much appreciate any advice :-)
E 😃

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Evidence covering 2 years for FLR

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:10 pm

only need to cover the 2 years leading up to the visa application
This one.

The FLR(M) form lists examples of what HO expect to see.

Please also refrain from starting new topics. You can ask all your questions in this topic where all your topics have been merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Elle102b
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR M Online Application

Post by Elle102b » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:46 am

Hi folks

I’ve now filled in the application for FLR M online, not yet submitted as I still plan to make a couple of changes before doing so.

Can any one advise, if I submit the form / make payment / set up PSC appointment is it still possible to go back in and adjust the form / reprint right up until appointment date? Reason I ask, I am paid weekly and I don’t know the final figure of salary to put on the form, rather I will use my last payslip immediately before the appointment to calculate annual earnings.

The online form was quite different to the paper form and I do wonder if I should complete the paper one instead? Any advice?

I look forward to any responses.
Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:07 am

Once you submit you cannot 'go back' and make changes to the online form. You would need to print it and write the changes in by hand.

Paper form is probably easier.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Elle102b
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Elle102b » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:45 am

Thanks, appreciate your response 😃
The online one is so neat and tidy compared with the paper 🙄 but it may have to be!

Elle102b
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Elle102b » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:47 am

Morning all,
Another little question that’s popped into my mind, husband and I have ordered bank statements yesterday to make sure we have the most up to date we possibly can to submit, husband’s bank statement will show his most recent monthly pay on Friday however as I am paid weekly, my statement will only show last Fridays pay and not the next 2 pays I’m likely to receive before we send off our application. Will this matter? As I’m paid weekly I don’t think I can ever have the most up to date statement. I can print most recent transactions from online, but the bank will not stamp / give an accompanying letter. In short my statement will be within 28 days but it won’t show my salary for a week or two before application.

Any advice? Overthinking? 🙄
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:57 am

Overthinking.

Although for info, as I have asked/said many times, I fail to understand why many members cannot simply go into the bank branch, ask them to print off the most recent statements and submit these.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Elle102b
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Elle102b » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:36 pm

Thank you for advice. Overthinking 😃
I am with RBS, the bank statements are the old type, page numbers on, already hole punched ready to go into a folder, slightly larger than A5 size, the local branch do not print these, I get them through my door every month, I suppose they could print similar to what I can print from online, but it wouldn’t be on header paper like the ones I get delivered to home, they’ve said as much.

The financial requirement guidelines advise you to multiply your last 6 months payslips by 2 to get your annual salary (for non salaried employment) in my husband’s case he has 7 payslips covering the 6 months as he’s paid 4 weekly. When I multiply his 7 payslips by 2, I feel it’s not a true reflection of what he actually earns in a year. He receives 13 payslips a year, not 14...

Anyone else had experience of this?

Elle102b
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Financial Requirement question

Post by Elle102b » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:47 pm

Just calculating my husband and my own earnings over the last 6 months. Both in non salaried employment, husband’s wage (4 weekly), varies due to overtime -

Based on his hourly rate and 35 contracted hours, his salary would be £14,196 approx, his boss has written a letter but not included an annual salary, since he isn’t actually salaried, instead he has confirmed hourly rate and contracted hours. However according to appendix FM, when I add his gross amount each month (inc overtime), divide by 6, x 12 he makes £18,926.76 which is over the financial requirement of £18,600. But as the appendix says, they will count overtime in the last 6 months towards the financial requirement but not future (no guarantee of overtime) – but we are not trying to prove anything in the future?! We only need to meet the requirement now for the last 6 months – yes? His employment is perm, ongoing and his boss has confirmed this.

I will also include my weekly payslips and based on the last 6 months for me divided by 6, x 12, I have an annual sum of £25,247.52. I never have overtime as such, my pay only fluctuates with holiday pay. I also have a letter confirming my hourly rate from my agency (temp worker), they too can’t confirm my annual salary.

I am assuming we have nothing to worry about financially (as long as we include all back up required), but I am still a little worried. Can you put my mind at rest? J Anyone been in a similar position? THANKS!

Elle102b
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Declarations

Post by Elle102b » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:59 am

Hey all,

Completed the application for flr m online, printed the declaration, part 1 to be signed by applicant, part 2 by myself, as I am a joint bank / utility bill holder, part 3 asks to be signed by someone providing financial support, my understanding is that you are not allowed to rely on financial support from a third party, however my husband is relying on my salary as financial support and I am providing bank statements / payslips etc. Should I sign section 3 too?

Thanks!

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 pm

Elle102b wrote:
I have a couple of questions and wondering if someone can answer? My husband is about to apply for FLR(M), his spouse visa was granted in Aug 2015, valid to 18th May 2018 (33 months), arrived UK 12th Sept 15, qualifying period of 30 months is 12th March 18, so he can apply anytime after 12th Feb (28 days before) – Is this correct? However if he so wished, he can apply anytime up to visa expiry and not just within the 28 day period?
Be careful of applying for FLR(M) too early, as this may shorten the period available to apply for SET(M). Remind the caseworker that s/he has discretion to add up to 28 extra days.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Elle102b
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Elle102b » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:11 am

Thank you for your message.
My husband entered the U.K. 12th Sept 2015, 5 years would be complete on 12th Sept 2020, so therefore he could apply for ILR on/after 15th Aug 2020, 28 days before. Even if his FLR M was granted tomorrow (which it can’t be as it’s not sent yet!) with an expiry date of 21st Aug 2020, he could apply after 15th aug, which is before 21st Aug, no shortfall... am I correct in thinking that? You got me thinking! Thanks for any advice