ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

strangefriend766
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Spouse Visa - Invitation to attend an interview and sponsor interview

Post by strangefriend766 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:47 pm

Dear members,

I had applied for spouse visa (Husband) on the 7th December and now I have received an email stating that I need to attend an interview via video link at VFS global and my wife will be interviewed on the phone at the exact same time. The email states that, "You will be interviewed via video conference by an Entry Clearance Officer and will be asked questions about your application, your travel and immigration history and your reasons for wanting to travel to the UK now. " My concern is what could be asked about my previous immigration history? My immigration history was very good until the FLR(O) was refused due insufficient proof of private life in the UK following which I appealed which failed and during this I was put on IS96 reporting condition which I never missed.

My relationship and marriage is completely genuine and we have known each other for over 7 years and got married a year ago.

Your advise will be hugely appreciated!

strangefriend766
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Interview

Post by strangefriend766 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:02 pm

Dear members,

I had applied for spouse visa (Husband) on the 7th December and now I have received an email stating that I need to attend an interview via video link at VFS global and my wife will be interviewed on the phone at the exact same time. The email states that, "You will be interviewed via video conference by an Entry Clearance Officer and will be asked questions about your application, your travel and immigration history and your reasons for wanting to travel to the UK now. "

Does anyone know what sort of questions can be asked?

Your advise will be hugely appreciated!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Interview

Post by seagul » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:49 am

There is no fixed set of questions answers for which you need preparation but mostly you will be asked about what you have replied in application form. Moroever, caseworker will also make sure that whether the relationship is genuine by cross questioning to both of you. You will definitely be asked about your previous immigration history and sponsor will surely be asked about its employment, accomodation arrangements etc.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:20 am

You will also be expected to know each others personal details, such as date of birthday, names of family members, where and when you met etc....

The answers will be cross-matched for any discrepancies.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

strangefriend766
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by strangefriend766 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:23 pm

Thank you seagul and Casa. I have had my wife's and mine interview today and I thought I would share my experience with everyone else too.

First of all, I received an email from Sheffield stating that I will be interviewed via video link at the VFS office and I will be asked about my application, travel, previous immigration history and why I want to go to the UK now.

My wife (sponsor) received the email the same day from Sheffield too stating that she will be interviewed on the phone at the exact same time as mine.

My (Applicant's) interview:

I was sat in a small room with a computer and headphone and the call was connected via Skype. Interviewer was the lady who was nice and friendly and was not rude at all. Here is the list of questions (sequence could be different as I don't remember the sequence now, but will try to cover everything which was asked);

1. Asalam alikum, how are you? Can you hear me clearly?
2. Please confirm your name
3. Please confirm your date of birth
4. Do you know why are you being interviewed today?
5. What type of visa have you applied for?
6. What is your relationship with the sponsor?
7. How do you know your sponsor?
8. When did you first meet?
9. Where did you meet?
10. When did your relationship start?
11. Did you meet your spouse last time? (She is with me in Pakistan right now so next few questions may
reflect this)
12. When did your sponsor come to Pakistan?
13. Where is your she living at the moment?
14. When is she planning to come back to the UK?
15 Will she come back to Pakistan again if she came to the UK if your visa was delayed?
16. What are her hobbies?
17. What are your hobbies?
18. Where did the marriage take place?
19. Were you present in the wedding?
20. Who else was present in the wedding?
21. How long have you been living together?
22. Do you have any kids?
23. Does she have any kids?
24. Was she married before?
25. Were you married before?
26. What work does she do?
27. Explain her role in the company?
28. What is her date of birth?
29. Where would you be staying when you come to the UK?
30. Your friends who were present at the wedding, were they in the UK then?
31. How long have you lived in the UK, when did you enter the UK and when did you leave? (As I was in the
UK between 2007 and now)
32. What are her health condition and illnesses? (As she claims PIP)
33. Was your wedding a traditional wedding?
34. Did you register your wedding in the UK?
35. Is there anything you would like to add which I may have not mentioned?
36. Did you understand all the questions in the interview?

Lastly she said, thank you and wish you good luck for your future.

My wife (sponsor) was called on her UK number (which was on roaming in Pakistan) at the exact same time and the questions asked were the same as above except when she said that she is in Pakistan with me, the interviewer said ok then the remaining 2 questions don't apply to you so I will ask you something else. She was asked almost the same questions as above except;

1. How many rooms do you have in Pakistan house?
2. Can you tell me how do you go to the Spam in that house?
3. Where did the marriage registration take place?
4. What were you wearing? (Clothes and jewellery)
5. Who was present at the registration?

So my experience is that if your relation is genuine, you won't have any problems however, it is important that you discuss all these questions with your spouse prior to the interview as it is very easy to miss a few common but very important things. Don't lie and be honest with your answers and if you don't know the answer, just say sorry, I don't want to make a false statement as I don't know the answer to this question.

Both interviewers were nice and polite.

Now patiently and anxiously waiting for the decision!

Good luck all!

Note: This is my own experience, please do not consider this as a legal advice or consultation.

strangefriend766
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by strangefriend766 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:37 am

Correction to question 2 of sponsor's ) wife's interview...
2. Can you tell me how do you go to the Spam in that (in Pakistan) house?