ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (FP) to FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eric1985
Newly Registered
Pakistan

FLR (FP) to FLR (M)

Post by eric1985 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi

A bit of background, I originally came on a student visa, got married, marriage got anulled.
I became an over stayer, got into a relationship, stayed in detention twice, almost got sent back to my home country. Got released pending a JR.
Applied for FLR(FP) myself, kicked my solicitor off my case.
The application was successful and I got the 2.5 years stay based on cohabiting with my partner for over 2 years. My leave expires in Feb, 2019.
Currently my partner is not working and she is on ESA because of major surgery.

The conundrum

1. I am looking to switch from FLR (FP) to FLR (M) under the exemption rule which allows PIP receiver to be exempted from adequate maintenance. The combine income of my part time work and her benefits allow us to fall under the exemption.

The questions,

If I apply for FLR (M) and God forbid the application is rejected, would my current visa be revoked?

I have my original IELTS certificate and the score was 6.5 when I applied for student visa, would this be enough to satisfy English language requirement?

Would my previous NHS surcharge be still valid for this application? I got it in Feb, 2016.

Do I need to get married for this application?

Any/all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,
AA

eric1985
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: FLR (FP) to FLR (M)

Post by eric1985 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:38 am

Has anyone got any input?

eric1985
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by eric1985 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:43 pm

Ummm no one has any advice or been through the same situation?

graceofgod1
United Kingdom

Post by graceofgod1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:24 pm

I am not an expert but i can share my experience. I also swiched from flr fp to flr m successfully but i satisfied income requirement. And i think your flr fp leave continue to be valid even if they reject your flr m.
And about ielts as far as i know it is only valid for 2 years from its isseued date. I remember redoing ielts in every 2 years when i was student.

eric1985
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by eric1985 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi graceofgod1

Thank you for sharing your experience. Can I please ask if you paid NHS surcharge again if you switched from FLR FP to to FLR M.

I still have a year left on my current leave, but I would I need to pay the surcharge again if I making a fresh application?

Alexa1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Alexa1 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:09 am

Hi graceofgod1,
Good to know no issues from switching FLR FP to FLR M. Spouse visa previously, applied ILR ahead of time, rejected, appealed, granted FLR FP for 10 year route. So now thinking about switching to FLR M to expedite the ILR application instead of waiting again for 10 years. Quick question, how long were you in FLR FP before you made the switch? Can you do it rightaway so as not to incur more time? Also does the prior spouse visa timeline stick or does the clock reset to 5 years with the new FLR M?
Thanks.