ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 month RLMT expiry

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Noname36
inactive
Australia

6 month RLMT expiry

Post by Noname36 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:19 am

Hi guys,

I’m hopping someone may be able to help me with a query:

I understand that a restricted certificate of sponsorship needs to be assigned within 6 months of the job first being advertised otherwise the RLMT expires.

My question is: does the visa also need to be applied for within the 6 months from when the job first was advertised? Or can you still apply for the visa after this 6 month period as long as the COS has been assigned (and obviously it’s within 3 months of this)?

I ask because my RLMT will expire late February (job had been advertised for a long time) so I have one last chance to get my COS in the Feb allocation however if I did I don’t think I’d have enough time to also apply and have my visa granted before the 6 month cut off.

If it is the case that the visa also needs to be granted within the 6 months the RLMT is valid for and it’s not possible for me then I suppose it would be better for my employer to start re-doing RMLT now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as you all seem much more knowledgeable about all of this than I am :)

scottishindian
Mood:
India

Re: 6 month RLMT expiry

Post by scottishindian » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:53 am

If you check tier 2 visa guidance available on gov.uk website, it says visa to be applied within 3 months from date of cos assignment and upto 3 months before work start date. It does not talk about RLMT expiry.

Noname36
inactive
Australia

Post by Noname36 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:20 am

scottishindian wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:53 am
If you check tier 2 visa guidance available on gov.uk website, it says visa to be applied within 3 months from date of cos assignment and upto 3 months before work start date. It does not talk about RLMT expiry.
Thank you :)

Quickbrownfox
Newly Registered
India

Post by Quickbrownfox » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:23 am

Hello

Please post the link that supports what you said about the RLMT

Thanks
QBF

Quickbrownfox
Newly Registered
India

Post by Quickbrownfox » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:35 am

Tiers 2 and 5: guidance for sponsors Version 01/18

See 29.1

All CoS, restricted or unrestricted, must be assigned within 6 months of the date the vacancy was first advertised. Where the vacancy has been advertised in 2 stages, the CoS must be assigned within 6 months of the date the first of the 2 advertisements appeared.