ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 (General) to Citizenship - English language requireme

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karthikravi
Newly Registered

TIER 1 (General) to Citizenship - English language requireme

Post by karthikravi » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:58 am

Hi,

I'm in the process of applying for naturalization. I had received my ILR last February through TIER 1 General route. I had proved English language requirements for my initial, extension and ILR applications by submitting my bachelor's degree certificate which was recognized by PBS.

On Form AN, there is an option 'I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013' which I believe is applicable in my case.

Can anyone share their insights on this please.

Cheers
K

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: TIER 1 (General) to Citizenship - English language requi

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:17 am

If the degree was awarded outside of the UK you will need to submit a NARIC ELA
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gautamrajeev
Newly Registered

Re: TIER 1 (General) to Citizenship - English language requi

Post by gautamrajeev » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:12 pm

karthikravi wrote:Hi,

I'm in the process of applying for naturalization. I had received my ILR last February through TIER 1 General route. I had proved English language requirements for my initial, extension and ILR applications by submitting my bachelor's degree certificate which was recognized by PBS.

On Form AN, there is an option 'I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013' which I believe is applicable in my case.

Can anyone share their insights on this please.

Cheers
K
Hi Ravi
I am in same situation as you. I have call ncs and they have asked the degree and pbs printout which i had submitted during ILR. Then i called nationality service and they have asked for same. In case i dont have old PBS printout then NARIC certificate.

By luck i have my pbs saved but not for my wife. Really confused now what to do for her. One of my colleague did it last year and during NCS appointment , no body asked for any document for english. but again it depends on person to person. To be safe i think it is good to get NARIC. Though i myself cannot justify it, another scheme to generate money from immigrants.

SHAH2B
Newly Registered

Re: TIER 1 (General) to Citizenship - English language requireme

Post by SHAH2B » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:05 am

Hi, Finally did they ask for any further documents?
My wife recently applied for citizenship, where the NCS asked for English language. I had the same case, where she got the ILR based on PBC, but we just submitted the degree certificate now.
Can you please advise?

Regards,
BShah