ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting a Divorce

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ItalianBee
Newly Registered
Italy

Getting a Divorce

Post by ItalianBee » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:17 am

Hello, I hope someone can help me.
I’m Italian citizen living and working in Ireland, I’ve been married to a Brazilian men for a little over a year, however, I came to find out that he only used me to get into Ireland. He has now the stamp 4 visa, the one for 8 months, we do not live together, since he left 2 weeks ago, but we’ve been separated for almost a year too.
I do not want to renew his visa for the 5 year, he works but as far as I know he’s not registered plus, I’ve been victim of domestic violence 2 times with him and countless emotional violence.
I’d like to know how do I get him to leave Ireland, all I need to do is let immigration know that we are no longer together?! He took a lot of money from my family as well, I only kept until now (his visa expires in April 2018) because he payed my parents some money. (He owns about €10k).
I see this as a fraud, what he has done. So, divorce is certainly going to happen, I have lawyers in Brazil that can get me divorced there in few weeks.
Please help, I don’t want him here anymore, all the lies and manipulation, I don’t think he has the right to stay in Europe with a visa I can provide him after he hit me, lied to me and used me for money and visa.
I’d appreciate any kind of advice. Thank you so much.

dupalsky

Re: Getting a Divorce

Post by dupalsky » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi ItalianBee,

I am sorry to hear all that you have said about your husband.

Well, the first thing you should do is to notify the immigration that your circumstance have change with your husband(the fact that you guys are no longer living together and you will be going for divorce). You can write them a letter about this and send them an email. You need to include his details and his application number......

The second thing you need to do is get the divorce process started as soon as possible. I am not sure about Italy, but I know that some countries in the European Union do process divorce within a couple of months(3 months or so).

Meanwhile, it sounds like he still has temporary stamp, even if they send him his approval letter for the stamp 4eufam before they receive your notification, they will still require him to bring you with him. In other words, they will never issue him the stamp without you with him.

However, I would advice you to refrain from being revengeful, hateful and malicious in your action. If you are no longer interested in the marriage, just do what is right(which are the procedure I have outlined above), the immigration will do the rest. If the marriage did not work out, move on and put it behind you!

Dupalsky