ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR impact due to absence more than 5 years ago

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nrai
Newly Registered
India

ILR impact due to absence more than 5 years ago

Post by Nrai » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:21 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been a silent reader on this forum and this is my first post.

I am applying for ILR next week on Tier 2 General route.

Below are the Tier 2 general visa issue dates:
  • First Tier 2 General visa issue date (in country switch from T2 ICT to T2 General): 12th October 2012
  • Further Tier 2 General extension with same employer/sponsor: July 2015
  • Changed the employer/sponsor and got another Tier 2 General visa: 2nd Nov 2017
Before Tier 2 General visa, I was on Tier 2 ICT (Jan 2011 - Nov 2012).

I am using SET O form and have provided 12th October 2012 as answer to the following question because that is the first Tier 2 General visa issue date:
6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date you entered
the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

I joined my first Tier 2 General visa sponsor company on 23rd Jan 2013 and have all the absences (115 in total) captured in absence letter provided by employer since then. However, I was on a personal visit to India from 29th Nov 2012 - 22nd Jan 2013 and this period is not covered by absence letter from my first employer because (as mentioned earlier) I joined them on 23rd Jan 2013.

Although this is not in last 5 years, but just want to check if this going to be an issue regarding my ILR application?

Regards,
N Rai

Logan82

Re: ILR impact due to absence more than 5 years ago

Post by Logan82 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:41 pm

Normally, Continues residence calculated 5 years backwards from the date you apply. so hopefully it wont be an issue.

Nrai
Newly Registered
India

Post by Nrai » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:19 pm

Thanks Logan...I hope same is the case but just wanted to hear from other experts and some one who has experienced something similar.

Regards,
Nrai

Nrai
Newly Registered
India

Post by Nrai » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:31 am

Hi Everyone,

Just to update: My ILR application was successful and no question was asked about the leave (not related to employment) and more than 5 years ago.

Regards,
NRai

Logan82

Post by Logan82 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:48 am

Nrai wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:31 am
Hi Everyone,

Just to update: My ILR application was successful and no question was asked about the leave (not related to employment) and more than 5 years ago.

Regards,
NRai
Congratulations NRai