ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Application - Applying from outside "home" country

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nts18982008
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Tier 2 Application - Applying from outside "home" country

Post by nts18982008 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:54 pm

Hi Guys,

I think this is a potentially quick/easy one but have looked through this forum and on the Home Office website (see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... the-policy) and am not sure I have a clear answer.

To cut a reasonably long story short I want to know if I could apply for a Tier 2 visa (or a family visa, even) from the Netherlands if I am a) an Australian citizen and b) in the Netherlands on the working holiday scheme. The reason I am unclear on this I guess is the definition of "country of residence". See below paragraph from ECB05:

Applications for other types of entry clearance (except for Tier 5) should be made in your country of residence. ‘Country of residence’ might not be your country of origin and refers to wherever you have permission to live, for example for work or study purposes. Many countries issue overseas nationals with residency cards in these circumstances. If you have permission to stay in a country as a visitor for 6 months, for example, you are not a resident.

To me, the above implies that I will be able to; I will have "permission to live" in the Netherlands for 12 months, have the right to work and will be provided with a resident permit (see: https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/your-c ... -australia). The special mention of Tier 5 applications, both in the above paragraph and elsewhere on the internet, has thrown me off a little bit however.

Maybe I'm overthinking it but I appreciate the assistance.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Application - Applying from outside "home" country

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:01 pm

Anywhere where you are not a 'visitor', so yes, you should be able to apply from the Netherlands as you have a non-visitor visa which allows you to reside and work.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.