ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PERMANENT RESIDENCE APPLICATION UNDER SURINDER SINGH

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CA007
Newly Registered

EEA PERMANENT RESIDENCE APPLICATION UNDER SURINDER SINGH

Post by CA007 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:22 am

Hi guys I have been browsing this website for countless period of time, and time to time I have been able to get the information required. But since new changes have been made in Paragraph 9 in EEA regulations there are few things that are not clear so far.

For example for RC application BC needs to be a qualified person in the UK after their return from another EEA state ,therefore will BC have to be a qualified person throughout the 5 years of their residence when their non EU family member applies for PR applications then (what's about the people who are already living in the UK for last 3 or 4 years how can they demonstrate that their BC had been a qualified person (Because as per 2006 regulations it wasn't necessary). Is it not going to effect hundreds of people and their status is the UK??

Many people has already made their FOI from Home Office and as per Home Office's response it seems that they just clarify few things they actually didn't change in thing in Paragraph 9.

For example because of the CASE judgment of EIND BC doesn't need to be a qualified person for being a sponsorer of non EEA family member for their PR application but home office states in their FOI response it always has been necessary that all EEA nationals (including BC) must be a qualified person. Does anybody has a experience of successfull PR application under SURINDER Singh when their BC family had not been a qualified person throughout the 5 years in UK. Or if the BC had been a student and they didn't bought a CSI cover for their non EEA family member. Many thanks !!!!

These are few links to FOI requests that has been made after November 2016,

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-650230

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-814201

Dandp
Newly Registered
Albania

Re: EEA PERMANENT RESIDENCE APPLICATION UNDER SURINDER SINGH

Post by Dandp » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:54 pm

Hi, did you ever get any answers? I’m on this situation at the moment. During my husbands 5year residency the rules changed and we weren’t aware. I, the BC, haven’t been employed as he was employed and had a very good wage so I stayed home with our children.
CSI wasn’t required then in 2013 so it seems now he doesn’t qualify for PR this year?!

JulietSoul
Israel

Re: EEA PERMANENT RESIDENCE APPLICATION UNDER SURINDER SINGH

Post by JulietSoul » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:27 pm

See the following thread: SS Route and CSI

The guidelines were updated recently so as long as you had your RC/applied before a certain date you are okay!
I am in the same situation.