ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship eligibility date

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sandyinuk

British Citizenship eligibility date

Post by Sandyinuk » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:07 pm

Hi,

I got settlement on 28th Mar 2017 and will apply for citizenship in Mar 2018 through council NCS. Could you please confirm me when the latest I can apply : on 28th Mar 2018 or 29th Mar 2018. I am asking this question because 29th Mar to 2nd April 2018 are non-working days for NCS services in the selected council.

Regards,

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: British Citizenship eligibility date

Post by silverchloride » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:16 pm

You can apply on 28th to be on the safe side, or any time after that. Also, make sure you were physically present in the UK on 28th March 2013. (5 years before on the date of application).

On a side note, my NCS offered me a date 2 weeks before my eligibity date which I accepted at first, but upon reflection and advice from the forum, changed it to a few days after my eligibility date. I dont know if it was a lack of knowledge of their part (or discretion on part of UKVI which they might have advised NCS about).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:22 pm

silverchloride wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:16 pm
You can apply on 28th to be on the safe side, or any time after that. Also, make sure you were physically present in the UK on 28th March 2013. (5 years before on the date of application).

On a side note, my NCS offered me a date 2 weeks before my eligibity date which I accepted at first, but upon reflection and advice from the forum, changed it to a few days after my eligibility date. I dont know if it was a lack of knowledge of their part (or discretion on part of UKVI which they might have advised NCS about).
There is no discretion to waive the '12 months on ILR' so likely a 'lack of knowledge' by the phone operator booking NCS appointments.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sandyinuk

Post by Sandyinuk » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:25 pm

Thanks for your advise. Yes, I was in UK during full year 2013.

Regards,

rely1458
United Kingdom

Post by rely1458 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:23 pm

silverchloride wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:16 pm

From my experience, it doesn't matter too much. If NCS doesn't notice it and sends everything to the Home Office, the Home Office will send you back the declaration page and ask you to sign it again after your eligibility date has been reached. This is what happened with an acquaintance of mine.