ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asking on behalf of my friend. Pls help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

desperate4ilr
Newly Registered
India

Asking on behalf of my friend. Pls help

Post by desperate4ilr » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:38 pm

Hi All,

my friend had applied for ILR based on Tier 1 General in May 2016. He had tax issues and had amended before applying for ILR. after the postal application, he had received questionnaire and he sent it back. since he didnt receive any decision on his Tier 1 General ILR, he varied his application from SET (o) to Set (LR) last week at Croydon PEO. after 2 hrs caseworker came and told him that she need to request his documents from Sheffield and once she gets his documents then she will be able to make a decision and will let him know.

Can anyone confirm how much time it will take now, as he went for same day appointment last week when he varied his application. plus what are his chances of getting ILR through long residency?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Asking on behalf of my friend. Pls help

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:37 pm

If the previous application was refused due to tax amendments, LR is highly likely to be refused for the same reason.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

desperate4ilr
Newly Registered
India

Post by desperate4ilr » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:54 pm

Hi Casa,

Thanks. Please note that he had not received the decision on his Tier 1 G ILR. Before he received any decision he varies his application to LR.

Thanks

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:14 pm

desperate4ilr wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:54 pm
Hi Casa,

Thanks. Please note that he had not received the decision on his Tier 1 G ILR. Before he received any decision he varies his application to LR.

Thanks
If the previous application was going to be refused due to tax amendments, LR will likely also be refused for the same reason.