ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is an application still valid if submitted late due to a delay from the CoS allocation by the UKBA?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Knight89
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Is an application still valid if submitted late due to a delay from the CoS allocation by the UKBA?

Post by Knight89 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:37 pm

Hello guys, I could really use your expertise here.

I made a routine application to extend my existing Tier 2, but was rejected on 5th December 2017 (signed from Royal mail on the 8th December ) based in insufficient wages. The sponsors increased my wage to the right amount and applied for a new CoS allocation on the 15th December 2017, which was finally approved by UKBA on the 3rd January 2018. I made the fresh online application (with new CoS) immediately on the 4th January, with extensive notes in the application form (as well as a cover letter) explaining why I couldn't make the application within 14 days of the refusal letter - basically due to the delay from the UKBA in issuing a new CoS.

I am still waiting for a decision but just wondering : is there anything else I could be doing / should have done better ? Or has anyone else been in a similar situation and been granted the visa ?

Might be worth mentioning that I had the option to exercise the right for Admin Review, but was advised as pointless by my sponsors, and they chose to focus on getting the new CoS with the new wage and sending in a new application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is an application still valid if submitted late due to a delay from the CoS allocation by the UKBA?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:09 pm

When did your last visa expire?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Knight89
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Is an application still valid if submitted late due to a delay from the CoS allocation by the UKBA?

Post by Knight89 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:24 pm

My last (Tier 2) visa expired on the 23rd October 2017. I made the first application on the 19th October, 4 days before it expired. So I guess that was an on time application. I got the decision for this first application on the 5th December 2017 (refused). The sponsor requested a new CoS on the 15th December 2017 - which was allocated by UKBA on the 3rd January 2018. I used this new CoS to submit a new application (with the new wage) on the 4th January 2018.