ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TB test/spouse visa/UK or abroad?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

benjamin74
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

TB test/spouse visa/UK or abroad?

Post by benjamin74 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:55 am

Hello all,

Okay, I have many, many, many questions and will ask on other threads the pertinent questions. However, I couldn't find anything on the forum relating to this type of questons. Here are my family's details and situation:

ME: UK citizen born and bred, UK passport, lived abroad last 15 years but now returned to the UK because work contract ended and desire to live here with family in the future.

Wife: Indonesian citizen, married to me for 10 years, visited UK before 7 times on tourist visa and marriage visa (we were married in Scotland)

Kids: Both born in Indonesia but both hold UK passports.

My query is:

My wife will initially visit on a Visitor Visa for 4 months, then, after I have over 6 months pay-slips, will return back to her home country - Indonesia - to apply for the Family Visa. The family visa requires Indonesian citizens to have a TB test done. This will need to be translated and certified. So:

Is it okay for my wife to have a TB test in the UK during the 4 months she is here on a Visitor Visa, for the Family Visa requirement, as long as it is still 6 months valid? E.g. She arrives on a Visitor Visa in June, has TB test in the UK in Septemeber, returns back to Indonesia in October and immediately applies for Family Visa? Thus, having a UK certified certificate and negating the need to have it translated/certified? In addition, she is going to to the IELTS test in the UK as well during those 4 months.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Regards.

vinny

Re: TB test/spouse visa/UK or abroad?

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:04 am

I'm struggling to find an approved clinic in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

benjamin74
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by benjamin74 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:03 pm

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for the reply.
My apologies, perhaps I did not make clear my query. I am actually asking whether the TB test can be done in the UK, as opposed to a foreign country, whilst my wife is in the UK on a visitor visa, before we apply for the Family Visa.

E.G.

weblink removed by moderator

https://www.lancashirecare.nhs.uk/TB

weblink removed by moderator

The cost is similar to the proposed clinic in Indonesia:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -indonesia

Furthermore, it would be more convenient for us to it here in the UK.

Thanks for your time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:07 pm

benjamin74 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:03 pm
Hi Vinny,

Thanks for the reply.
My apologies, perhaps I did not make clear my query. I am actually asking whether the TB test can be done in the UK, as opposed to a foreign country, whilst my wife is in the UK on a visitor visa, before we apply for the Family Visa.
Have you clicked on vinny's two link?? There are no listed UK Home Office approved TB test centres on their list.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

benjamin74
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by benjamin74 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:12 pm

Hi,

Just to clarify, I had already read that the clinic needed to be in Indonesia, but I was just checking if it might be possible to be done in the UK.

After reading again, it does seem that it can only be done in the original country of origin. Understandable I guess, but with rampant corruption and a pretty poor standard of medical care, I would have thought that a UK verified and certified test result may have been acceptable as well.

Anyway, Indonesia it is!

Thanks for your time.

benjamin74
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by benjamin74 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi,
ve you clicked on vinny's two link?? There are no listed UK Home Office approved TB test centres on their list.
Yes, I have and had previously seen the page. Just wondering if a UK result is a/ possible and b/ better?

However, it seems that it is not possible though!

Thanks anyway!