ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I wait or apply for British citizenship?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

malik89
Newly Registered

Please help me answer couple of questions

Post by malik89 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:17 pm

My question is regarding British citizenship sorry if these questions have already been answered here as i try my best to find answers but i couldn't.

Me(NON EEA) my wife(EEA) and son applied for PR and we have got our PR aproved 30/11/2017.

But the latter we received with PR stated we have obtained our PR 06/04/2017 for all three of us.

My question is when we can apply for British citizenship?
Is it April 2018 or we have to wait 12 months from receiving PR ?
also our son is born in UK can we apply his passport directly or he has to apoly with us again ?

Please help us out here thanks.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Please help me answer couple of questions

Post by bruteforce » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:21 pm

You will be eligible to apply from April 2018. If your son was born after 06/04/2017 then he can apply for British passport directly, if the date is before 06/04/2017 then you will need to register your child using form MN1 under section 1(3).

Hope this helps.

malik89
Newly Registered

Can I wait or apply for British citizenship?

Post by malik89 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:30 pm

Hello everyone here if you can help me out regarding my British citizenship please.

I got my permanent residence in November 2017 dated April 2017 and i am eligible to apply for passport in April 2018 which is after 2 months.

Me and my wife decided to be apart and we filed for divorce in December 2017 .

We didn't get our decree nisi yet but things goes by plan hopefully we will get decree absolute finalise quickly but if not ?

Can i apply for British citizenship in begging of April as i am eligible to apply by 06 April 2018 ?

Can i mention divorced in the papers or married ?

What about if i apply for citizenship and i got divorce finalised ?

Can any body here tell me there experience please i am very confused.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I wait or apply for British citizenship?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:34 pm

You can apply once you have held PR for 12 months, in April and you meet all the standard requirements.

Your eligibility has nothing to do with your EU spouse. It would only be relevant if your spouse was British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.