ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN , few questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ak2
Newly Registered

AN , few questions

Post by ak2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:33 pm

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask for advice on filling some parts of the Citizenship application, i understand some may be obvious for many but as its a lot of money that comes to play i really want to do it right.

1.1 Please give any reference numbers used in your immigration
applications.
- should i give the "Our ref" from the letter from HO when i got my Permanent residence ?

1.2 Current passport/travel document number - Im from Poland and unlike in British or US passports theres two letters infront of the number (like EAXXXXXXX) , i assume i should include it ?

1.3 Date you were given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the
UK (not necessary if you are a Commonwealth citizen with right
of abode in the United Kingdom). If you are an EEA national, a
Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national
you should read pages 10 to 11 of the Booklet AN.
- i have PR , should i put the date i received it or leave it blank ?

1.17 Please provide your addresses for the past five years - now as i dont remember exact dates, and i dont remember now how did i put those dates on my PR application a year ago, would it be a problem if they will differ ?

1.24 - 1.28 - The ask for my father's name so i assume its only his first name ? and then my mother's full name and maiden name so do they want my mothers first name , second name , surname and maiden name ?? or without second name? (second name is given during baptism in my country and its not really used ,but it is put into documents sometimes)

1.50 Employment history in UK during past 10 years - In the Emplyers address i should put only the current company address right (company moved to a new place after 3 years) ?

2.2 Please give details of all absences from the United Kingdom during the last five years. - I i were absent three or four times during this period, for 1-2 days (work) but dont remember exactly when and for how long s it okay if i just try to narrow it down ?

7.1 - Again Full name ,means with my second name ( as it is in my passport ) ?

7.7 *I declare that, although I do not meet all of the ...
*Delete if not applicable
- should i just cross it out ?

Im sorry for such a long post and i appreciate any help

ak2
Newly Registered

Re: AN , few questions

Post by ak2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:58 pm

also at 1.17 i just realised that during first few years my addresses on my P60s were different that my real one as the landlord didn't want to use it :? then i did not changed it for long time, now should put them as my P60s show ?

Trabant

Post by Trabant » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:27 pm

"1.1 Please give any reference numbers used in your immigration
applications. - should i give the "Our ref" from the letter from HO when i got my Permanent residence ?
YES - use this reference from PR

1.2 Current passport/travel document number - Im from Poland and unlike in British or US passports theres two letters infront of the number (like EAXXXXXXX) , i assume i should include it ?
YES - you need to include letters as well (Poland just likes letters just like in national id's ) and it is a part of document number

1.3 Date you were given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the
UK (not necessary if you are a Commonwealth citizen with right
of abode in the United Kingdom). If you are an EEA national, a
Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national
you should read pages 10 to 11 of the Booklet AN. - i have PR , should i put the date i received it or leave it blank ?
You recieved additional letter with your PR and it said when you gained your PR - it is not the date when you recieved the document - but when you gained your PR automatically.

1.17 Please provide your addresses for the past five years - now as i dont remember exact dates, and i dont remember now how did i put those dates on my PR application a year ago, would it be a problem if they will differ ?

I am not sure if it is a huge problem - I have my dates written down and stored for future reference. If you are unsure - provide them with dates and then make a note somewhere that addresses in 1.17 are ok but you are not sure for 100% about exact dates. That should do it.

1.24 - 1.28 - The ask for my father's name so i assume its only his first name ? and then my mother's full name and maiden name so do they want my mothers first name , second name , surname and maiden name ?? or without second name? (second name is given during baptism in my country and its not really used ,but it is put into documents sometimes)

Father's name - I'd enter whole name (first name and surname)
You are from Poland so I assume instead of baptism you ment first comunion. This is not a real name - and you should not include this - as it is for religion practices only. Names should be only given based on official given names (those in your ID, passport or driver's licence.
Your mother's full name and maiden name- put there her full name (name , surname and maiden name.

1.50 Employment history in UK during past 10 years - In the Emplyers address i should put only the current company address right (company moved to a new place after 3 years) ?

I did put the addresses which were actual on the time of my employment there and it was ok.

2.2 Please give details of all absences from the United Kingdom during the last five years. - I i were absent three or four times during this period, for 1-2 days (work) but dont remember exactly when and for how long s it okay if i just try to narrow it down ?

Those should be as accurate as possible. I spent 2 days looking for exact days and I made it. There are different opinions about it - I called nationality enquiries and I got 2 different opinions - one - that it is ok to give dates "more-less" accurate - and another time - that it has to be accurate. Just do your best.

7.1 - Again Full name ,means with my second name ( as it is in my passport ) ?
It means every name you currently use (just like in your passport - name, surname, second name - whatever is there.

7.7 *I declare that, although I do not meet all of the ...
*Delete if not applicable - should i just cross it out ?
I did cross it out

"

ak2
Newly Registered

Post by ak2 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:46 pm

thank you very much for help

regarding 1.3 , that would be 1st of May 2016 right ? as the wrs was stopped in april 2011