ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GNIB / IRP Stamp 1 - Changing job

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kilrogg
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

GNIB / IRP Stamp 1 - Changing job

Post by Kilrogg » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:55 am

Hi Everyone!

I work and live in Dublin as non-EU citizen with Critical Skills Permit.
I have been working in my current company for one year and it's time to change, so I am about to give my resignation notice. The issue is that my GNIB card expires in mid-February and I have an appointment to renew in on first week of February. So the day I come to INIS I will be still working in my current company (on my 30 days notice period), so, technically my Work Permit still be valid that day (new employer will register new one after I am done with my current company).

Does anyone have experience like that? What is correct behavior - just go there and renew? Or ask for temporary stamp or whatever?

I tried to contact Burgh Quay office via email but got no answer =( I am thinking if it's a good idea to come there and ask but I am not sure if they will answer without additional appointment.

Logically, I shouldn't have any issues with GNIB because I will have valid Work Permit for old employer (fits requirements on INIS website) + signed contract with new one. But I am really afraid of risk for me and my wife to be deported and have some issues :cry: although I am sure my case is not unique and there should be a solution.

Thanks a lot for any help :3

printempo2018
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: GNIB / IRP Stamp 1 - Changing job

Post by printempo2018 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:25 am

as far as I am aware, you can only change an employer after 12 months. the new employer might need to sponsor a new permit though.

after 2 years on CS you will get a stamp 4 and will be able to do whatever you want

ogzcm58
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: GNIB / IRP Stamp 1 - Changing job

Post by ogzcm58 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:29 am

You will still be working under Stamp1, so, the normal behaviour here for you to apply for GNIB (renamed to IRP) and get it for 1 more year before Stamp4. Then, your new company should apply for another CSEP, then you can complete your notice period and move on to the next company. I have heard that you have to send your current CSEP to DBEI before leaving your job, not sure how that works, though.

Even after job change, I wouldn't expect any GNIB (IRP) renewal necessary because of your job change since you are still gonna work under Stamp1.

The best way here would be asking to Burgh Quay office after you changed your job but I don't think it will be necessary to renew your Residence Card.