ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics Still second chance?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srichar33
inactive
United Kingdom

Biometrics Still second chance?

Post by srichar33 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:12 am

My wife applied for Citizenship at the beginning of January and due to a family emergency had to fly back home. She has received her letter for the Biometrics giving 15 working days, she was going to fly back to do them but at the moment the flights are extortionate almost 1000 pound, possibly due to the Chinese new year. I called the home office to ask if she can do them at her local British embassy and was given an e-mail address to send the request to. She received an Automated response stating that a reply would be given within 10 working days. Basically if she waits the full 10 working days and they say no she will have one day to return and submit her biometrics (assuming 5 working day week, 6 for post office???).

So my question is, I have read some posts from previous years that the send a further letter giving another 10 days to submit biometrics, can anyone confirm if this is still the case? any recent examples?

Regards Steve

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Re: Biometrics Still second chance?

Post by ariskar » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:20 am

This is true.

You will be sent a second letter. This happened with my case because the first letter (erratic royal mail 2nd class) did not arrive. I was given a further 15 days, due to the fact I contacted them before the first letter purported deadline expired. In most other cases that the first letter is ignored you are given an additional 10 days as per what you said. Nothing much to worry about, however I hope nothing happens to severely delay delivery of the second biometric enrollment letter to your address. To my understanding the barcode is the same as the first letter, so in the worst case you can use the initial letter barcode for enrollment in a post office, within 10 days after expiry of the initial period.

Good luck to your wife!

liviu
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by liviu » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:15 am

Do you know when the 15 days are starting?
I got my e-mail confirming processing starting on the 22nd of January 2018 but no biometric letter so far.

liviu
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by liviu » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:08 pm

ariskar wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:20 am
This is true.

You will be sent a second letter. This happened with my case because the first letter (erratic royal mail 2nd class) did not arrive. I was given a further 15 days, due to the fact I contacted them before the first letter purported deadline expired. In most other cases that the first letter is ignored you are given an additional 10 days as per what you said. Nothing much to worry about, however I hope nothing happens to severely delay delivery of the second biometric enrollment letter to your address. To my understanding the barcode is the same as the first letter, so in the worst case you can use the initial letter barcode for enrollment in a post office, within 10 days after expiry of the initial period.

Good luck to your wife!
Hi
I got my e-mail confirming processing starting on the 22nd of January 2018 but no biometric letter so far.
Thanks

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:57 am

liviu wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:08 pm
ariskar wrote:
This is true.

Good luck to your wife!
Hi
Thanks
15 calendar days start from the biometric letter issue date. This is usually 1-2 working days after payment is received or acknowledgment letter is issued.

I know this is absurd, as 2nd class letter is allowed to be up to 13 working days before you can claim loss/non delivery...

Aim to contact the HO nationality biometrics email: nationalitybiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

about 13 days after acknowledgment letter date or payment date, whichever is earlier. Ask them to send you a scanned copy of the letter. They did it for me. Scan was bad quality, I had to use the second letter, which arrived in 3 days after the original 15 days period expired.

All the best / bafta Liviu

liviu
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by liviu » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:11 pm

ariskar wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:57 am
liviu wrote:
ariskar wrote:
This is true.

Good luck to your wife!
Hi
Thanks
15 calendar days start from the biometric letter issue date. This is usually 1-2 working days after payment is received or acknowledgment letter is issued.

I know this is absurd, as 2nd class letter is allowed to be up to 13 working days before you can claim loss/non delivery...

Aim to contact the HO nationality biometrics email: nationalitybiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

about 13 days after acknowledgment letter date or payment date, whichever is earlier. Ask them to send you a scanned copy of the letter. They did it for me. Scan was bad quality, I had to use the second letter, which arrived in 3 days after the original 15 days period expired.

Thank you for your reply!
Do you remember how quick did they respond to your email?
It says on that automatically generated email that you receive after you send an email to the biometric team that they will respond within 10 working days IF they gonna do it.

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:23 pm

liviu wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:11 pm
ariskar wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:57 am
liviu wrote:
ariskar wrote:
This is true.

Good luck to your wife!
Hi
Thanks

Thank you for your reply!
Do you remember how quick did they respond to your email?
It says on that automatically generated email that you receive after you send an email to the biometric team that they will respond within 10 working days IF they gonna do it.
I got the automatic response mentioning 10 working days. After 5 calendar days they sent the actual response. That included a weekend, hence 3 working days in my case.