ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Marco 72
Diamond Member

EEA Family Permit application

Post by Marco 72 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:29 am

Does an EEA Family Permit application need to be submitted in the applicant's country of residence, or can it be done in a third country? E.g. can a US citizen living in the US who marries an EU citizen in France apply in France, or do they have to go back to the US in order to apply?

Thanks,
Marco

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Re: EEA Family Permit application

Post by dan1988uk » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:30 pm

Marco 72 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:29 am
Does an EEA Family Permit application need to be submitted in the applicant's country of residence, or can it be done in a third country? E.g. can a US citizen living in the US who marries an EU citizen in France apply in France, or do they have to go back to the US in order to apply?

Thanks,
Marco
Everywhere in the world as long as the applicant has the right to stay legally in that country for all the time of the application (even on a tourist visa or stamp).

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:56 pm

dan1988uk wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:30 pm
Everywhere in the world as long as the applicant has the right to stay legally in that country for all the time of the application (even on a tourist visa or stamp).
Thanks. The reason I ask is that when I married my American wife in 2005, we chose to get married in the US rather than Italy, since the UK embassy in Rome told us they would not process my wife's application there and she had to apply in the US. Perhaps things have changed since then.

enzom
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by enzom » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:23 pm

Should the online application be made through the Access UK service or through the Visa4UK service? The page linked by https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/apply, i.e. https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa, doesn't mention the EEA Family Permit at all.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:29 pm

dan1988uk wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:30 pm
Marco 72 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:29 am

Thanks,
Marco
Correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.