ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 from inside the UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

knorval
Newly Registered
United States of America

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 from inside the UK

Post by knorval » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:38 pm

Hello!

I am an American currently on a Tier 4 visa sponsored by Edinburgh Napier University. The company I work for currently has been so gracious to sponsor me in my endeavor to continue working and recently acquired a license to sponsor as well as an allocation for me. I've seen so many threads about the Tier 2 visa but none about anyone's experiences switching to it from a Tier 4.

My timeline currently looks like this:

Allocation/CoS received: Thursday, Jan 18th
Online Tier 2 Application submitted: Thursday, Jan 18th
Biometrics/Passport photos: Saturday, Jan 20th
Documents shipped to Tier 2 HQ/office: Monday, Jan 22nd (overnighted/tracked/signature required)
Documents arrived at the PO Box: Tuesday, Jan 23rd 10:09am.

Basically, I'm just wondering what will happen next. I understand that I should get an email once they've officially picked up the application from the PO Box (which does anyone know how long that will be???) and I understand that I might not hear anything for 8 weeks, but what can I expect during this time?

-Is it just radio silence?
-Will I be told when they're processing my visa?
-If so, how long will that roughly take?

I know that everyone's experiences are different, but if anyone could share theirs with me that would be great and help put my mind to rest. :) The waiting is the worst part!

Thank you kindly!

rabbie19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 from inside the UK

Post by rabbie19 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi,
I'm in the same situation as you, switching from a Tier 4 to a Tier 2 visa (standard application) and so far its been radio silence; no emails, letters or anything (been wrecking havoc on my anxiety).
My timeline so far is:
Allocation/CoS received: Friday, 15th Dec 2017
Online Tier 2 Application submitted: Thursday, Dec 21st 2017
Biometrics/Passport, and photos submitted at the post office: Thursday, Dec 21st, 2017
Documents posted to Tier 2 HQ/office: Thursday, Dec 21st, 2017 (tracked/signature required)
Documents arrived at the PO Box: Saturday, Dec 23rd 1:27am.

The visa guidances says it takes up to 8 weeks to process with a standard application, so I'm guessing we just have to wait and see.
All the best!

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:37 pm

I don't think they will not tell you if they are processing your application. You will not receive anything from the Home Office. The next time you hear from them will the outcome of your application, which can take up to 8 weeks.

I switched from Tier 4 to Tier 2 2 years ago but back to that time you would receive a letter from Home Office asking you to enrol your biometric information, which was sort of the acknowledgement that they were on your case, but now you download the letter yourself, so....

rabbie19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rabbie19 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:00 pm

rabbie19 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:20 pm
Hi,
I'm in the same situation as you, switching from a Tier 4 to a Tier 2 visa (standard application) and so far its been radio silence; no emails, letters or anything (been wrecking havoc on my anxiety).
My timeline so far is:
Biometrics/Passport, and photos submitted at the post office: Thursday, Dec 21st, 2017
Documents posted to Tier 2 HQ/office: Thursday, Dec 21st, 2017 (tracked/signature required)

The visa guidances says it takes up to 8 weeks to process with a standard application, so I'm guessing we just have to wait and see.
All the best!
Just to update you;
Decision Letter (Approved), Return of passport and supporting letter: Tuesday, 30th January

Says in the letter I should expect BRP within 7 working days, so at this point, my whole process will be shy of 7 weeks.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:41 pm

rabbie19 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:00 pm
rabbie19 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:20 pm
Hi,
My timeline so far is:

All the best!
Just to update you;
Decision Letter (Approved), Return of passport and supporting letter: Tuesday, 30th January

Says in the letter I should expect BRP within 7 working days, so at this point, my whole process will be shy of 7 weeks.
That's good, mine only took 4 weeks

knorval
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by knorval » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:05 pm

Thank you so much for the update! Mine has been in for two weeks now, so as you can imagine the waiting is killing me. I wish they had some sort of site where you could log in and check the status!

I appreciate the support, congrats on your success! :)