ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accelerated Route(ILR): 10 Jobs Creation Table

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aizazali

Accelerated Route(ILR): 10 Jobs Creation Table

Post by aizazali » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi fellow members,

Almost 3 years ago (post Apr'14) I got my visa with the help from the valuable members of this community. Now I have reached the point where I foresee myself at the junction whether to apply for Extension or Accelerated Route.

The choice will become clear if any member can help me out in "how to quantify job hours".

I had 2 companies, "ABC" and "XYZ". The breakdown of employees in each company is as follows.

Full-Time Employees:
In both companies, I had 2 FT employees each, in total I had 4 Full-Time Employees. Their duration of work is more than 24 months.

Part Time :
In ASL there were 9 part-time employees, there total duration of employment being more than 6 months but less than 28 months.
In ABL there were 3 part-time employees, there total duration of employment being more than 6 months but less than 32 months.

Case:
Employee#1 (Andrew) who worked for 32 months on part-time basis. As an accountant, he worked for 24 months and then worked as a Trainer for the remaining 8 months.
Employee #2 (Roy) Who worked for 8 months as a Trainer on full-time basis.
Employee#3 (Lisa) She joined as an accountant when Andrew became the trainer and worked for 28 months on part-time basis.

Question # 1:
Can I allocate, more than 1 person to 2 jobs?
Such as:
1. Accountant:
Andrew - Part Timer - 24 months - *Created 1 Full Time Job
Lisa - Part Timer - 28 months - * Created 1 Full Time Job (4 months extra)

2. Trainer:
Andrew - Part Timer - 8 Months
Roy - Full Timer - 8 months *Combined Created 1 Full Time Job

Question #2:
In Question#1, are "Accountant" and "Trainer" considered as 2 Full-Time Jobs or there are 2 jobs created for Accountants and 1 job created for Trainer? Like what is the total number of jobs created in the case above?

This question came to me as a solicitor told me that a job is "Accountant" no matter how many people work on it, if it is less than 12 months it will not be regarded as FT position. While in the Annex-F of the guidance, the table shows that for job 1 "Manager" there are 2 full time opportunities created.

Question #3:
Can the extra 4 months of part-time work of Lisa be allocated to some other job to put forward as a new job?

Help much appreciated, as this will help a lot of other people as well.

Thanks.

P.S: If you have a same question, please do mention your thoughts here.

aizazali

Re: Accelerated Route(ILR): 10 Jobs Creation Table

Post by aizazali » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Please delete this post, as I would like to resubmit a simplified version of my query.

Much appreciated thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:25 pm

Hi,

You seem to have misunderstood the rules.
Since your are post-April 2014, total hours is even more irrelevant (it already was irrelevant in the pre-April 2014).
You need 10 FT jobs, each lasting 12 months, to qualify.

Your reading of the Job 1 in the guidance is also wrong. It is just one job, made of two employees of 6 months each. (one quit and was replaced six months later)

Few other discrepancies:
- Andrew for 24 months is not 1 FT job. It is only 1 PT job (anything more than 12 months does not contribute to your job creation)
- So, Andrew + Lisa will only give you 1 FT job.
- Now, since the post 2014 cases will only start coming up now, I am not sure how some fancy things would work. For example, if Andrew was an Accountant for 12 months, then an Auditor for another 12 months (different job). And you had Lisa similar, then in theory, you have 2 FT jobs. I am not sure that HO will accept that, but I am looking forward to someone testing it.
- The trainer combination is definitely not acceptable. That results in zero jobs for you. Each job needs to last 12 months each.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

aizazali

Post by aizazali » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:45 pm

marcnath wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:25 pm
Hi,

You seem to have misunderstood the rules.
Since your are post-April 2014, total hours is even more irrelevant (it already was irrelevant in the pre-April 2014).
You need 10 FT jobs, each lasting 12 months, to qualify.

Your reading of the Job 1 in the guidance is also wrong. It is just one job, made of two employees of 6 months each. (one quit and was replaced six months later)

Few other discrepancies:
- Andrew for 24 months is not 1 FT job. It is only 1 PT job (anything more than 12 months does not contribute to your job creation)
- So, Andrew + Lisa will only give you 1 FT job.
- Now, since the post 2014 cases will only start coming up now, I am not sure how some fancy things would work. For example, if Andrew was an Accountant for 12 months, then an Auditor for another 12 months (different job). And you had Lisa similar, then in theory, you have 2 FT jobs. I am not sure that HO will accept that, but I am looking forward to someone testing it.
- The trainer combination is definitely not acceptable. That results in zero jobs for you. Each job needs to last 12 months each.
Big thanks for prompt response and clarity. This is really helpful.

aizazali

Post by aizazali » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:32 pm

@marcnath

Just to clarify,

A job lets say a "Manager" on part-time basis for 24 months, is not 1 Full-time Job?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:39 pm

aizazali wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:32 pm
@marcnath

Just to clarify,

A job lets say a "Manager" on part-time basis for 24 months, is not 1 Full-time Job?
Based on the immigration rules, the answer is No. The immigration rules only talks about combining 2 or more part-time jobs to make up a FT job. It clearly states that you need to show in the application form which part time jobs are combined.
Obviously, if you have only one job, you can't meet that requirement of showing which jobs are to be combined.
Having said that, this was the same situation in pre-April 2014. However, such cases were accepted. So, it is not clear if HO will continue to show the flexibility, but I suspect they will not.
Again not sure what will happen if you show it as two separate jobs of 12 months each in the application form and combine them. It then meets the requirement. It will then be up to HO to prove that it is not two separate jobs.
The risk is that if they find it (for example, by interviewing the employee), you can be found guilty of deception.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

rajbhanu300

Post by rajbhanu300 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:14 pm

Hi aizazali,

Just to let you know that i have successfully applied with part-time job of 24 months which was considered equivalent to 1 full time job.But i am pre-april applicant so i am not sure whether they are considering the same for post-april applicants or not.

But my personal view is,if they don't have problem in combining part-time jobs(different positions) than there shouldn't be any problem in considering 24 months part-time as 1 full time(as one position) as long as the part-time job is of min. 15 hrs/week.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:26 pm

rajbhanu300 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:14 pm
Hi aizazali,

Just to let you know that i have successfully applied with part-time job of 24 months which was considered equivalent to 1 full time job.But i am pre-april applicant so i am not sure whether they are considering the same for post-april applicants or not.

But my personal view is,if they don't have problem in combining part-time jobs(different positions) than there shouldn't be any problem in considering 24 months part-time as 1 full time(as one position) as long as the part-time job is of min. 15 hrs/week.
This is something I disagree with.
I think one of the reason behind the April 2014 change was to precisely ensure there are more jobs created

Raja G
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Raja G » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:47 pm

Dear Aizaz
I am sorry to say You present your query very difficult way.
you mixing up the things. do not calculate the employee way but the calculate the things Job style. Job is the main head. job is the primary title and employees are secondary title. even two companies or three companies doesnt matter. for those who are going to apply for extension or ILR on the basis of 2 employee its so simle for them but thoes who are applying ILR 10 jobs basis it is very technical. I am personally using same route of 10 jobs. I made a simple and easy calculator for me. we have to see the thing simply like,
Job1......
employee abc 130 hours pcm (6months)
employee def 130 hours pcm (next 6 months)
Job 2....
Employee abc 100 hours pcm (any period)
employee def 50 hours pcm (any period.)
I am trying to convay about my understanding if understand that way. If u want to see me personally in manchester is welcome.
but make sure make the things easy and simple to understand for urself and case worker. cheers

aizazali

Post by aizazali » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:20 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:26 pm
rajbhanu300 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:14 pm
Hi aizazali,

This is something I disagree with.
I think one of the reason behind the April 2014 change was to precisely ensure there are more jobs created
Thanks, very helpful point.
I won't be going for accelerated route then.