ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) application-was on benefits

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hippopotamus
Newly Registered

FLR (M) application-was on benefits

Post by hippopotamus » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:04 am

Hello,

Hope everyone is in good health and doing ok.
I am due to apply my second half of my spouse visa this month however I have a question to ask, would really appreciate those who help:

During the last year we had some financial problems. We moved out from our parent's place and tried renting a place of our own because my husband has got a job elsewhere that was far from our parent's place. He was made redundant on the second month and I was not working at that time as we just had a baby. We were living off savings the first few months, then we received housing benefits and a reduction in council tax from the council for about 3-4 months and then we moved back to our parents when the 6months house rent contract finished. This was during the early months in 2017.
I'm not quite sure whether the benefit is made under his name or my name because my BRP clearly states no public funds, so unless the council made a mistake, I assume the benefits were made under my husband's name. All letters from the council regarding the benefits were also sent to my husband's name.
I am currently on the 7th month of employment, with our income meeting the threshold and not on any benefits (apart from child's benefits which is under my husband's name)
My question is because we were receiving housing benefits and council tax reduction during that 3-4 months in 2017, would it effect my second half of spouse visa application?

Your responses are very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

hippopotamus
Newly Registered

Re: FLR (M) application-was on benefits

Post by hippopotamus » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:56 pm

Is there any expert opinion on this matter please? Thank you