ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vary Tier1 Entrepreneurs extension to Ilr 10 yrs route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Baba G
Newly Registered

Vary Tier1 Entrepreneurs extension to Ilr 10 yrs route

Post by Baba G » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:23 pm

Hi Guys,

Need your help especially marcnath.

What is the process to vary application to ILR from tier1 ext.

I have been waiting for my tier1 ent ext outcome for almost 8 months and I’m gonna hit 10 yrs in 2 months.

I was just wondering what do I need to do to apply for Ilr using premium service.
My passport and all documents is with ukvi.
Do I need to withdraw my application first then apply for ilr or is there any other way to apply ilr while application is in process.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Vary Tier1 Entrepreneurs extension to Ilr 10 yrs route

Post by marcnath » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:30 pm

Don't withdraw your application - that will make you an overstayer.
You just vary your application to ILR. You would apply as normal and indicate that you are varying the extension application using the reference you have for your extension application.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Baba G
Newly Registered

Post by Baba G » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Thanks Marcnath for quick reply.
While my extension is in process, I can book premium service date and go with my ref number of my current application. Am I right Marcnath????

Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:55 pm

Baba G wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:35 pm
Thanks Marcnath for quick reply.
While my extension is in process, I can book premium service date and go with my ref number of my current application. Am I right Marcnath????

Thanks
In principle yes.
I'll admit I don't know the exact process - there are many others in this forum who have done this. You do need to communicate in the application process that the documents are with HO and the reference number so the centre can have the documents by your appointment date.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:09 pm

Simply apply for SET(LR) as normal. Include a covering letter stating that you want to vary your pending application to SET(LR)
You must pay the full fees for SET(LR) as normal, you will get your extension fees refunded at a later time.
If you choose to do it at any PSC, it will be more expensive and you will NOT get a same day decision.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Baba G
Newly Registered

Post by Baba G » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:24 pm

Thanks Marcnath and Zimba.
Appreciate your help.

Baba G
Newly Registered

Vary from tier1 ent ext to ilr 10 yrs route

Post by Baba G » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi Guys, I’m sorry if that has been discussed before but I haven’t come across in this forum.

Just quick question. I’m gonna book premium service for ilr in next couple of days.
My second application is in pending and I have seen in this forum ppl get ilr while second application is in process.

I desperately need help. I don’t know what documents should I take with me as my all documents is with UKVI. Zimba told me already to post it with application form and covering letter as it’s not worth it to go for premium service as I won’t get reply on same day.
However I think it’s best to go for premium service.

My question is after booking an premium service, what kind of documents do I need to take it with me except application form and life in the uk test.

Please advice

Baba G
Newly Registered

Re: Vary from tier1 ent ext to ilr 10 yrs route

Post by Baba G » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:19 pm

It would be very helpful for everyone if anybody share their experience getting ilr while second application is in pending.

natsha
United States of America

Post by natsha » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:17 pm

Two things can happened.

1: they can give you ILR if everything going good with them, they will verify with case work and they will tell you withdrawal your application.

2: They will ask you to book again appointment with us or they will give you next date because they will verify your current application with case worker.

Make sure used cover letter i know doesn't matter this cover letter but sometime that will help for case. Just mention your all documents already in HO.

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:33 pm

Most likely they will give you a letter after couple of hours stating that further checks are required. Some people got decision same day but in last few months I have not seen any where it was approved on same day. So 99% chance it will be deferred.

They might ask you for documents related to Tier 1 Entrepreneur application. So just to be on safe side take all the documents you can. If case worker asks for anything you can provide if you have it with you. But most likely they wont ask for any documents because they will have everything with them anyway. So its just life in the uk test, photograph and application form and print out of online booking and payment reference etc. Good Luck

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:39 pm

Devin wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:33 pm
Most likely they will give you a letter after couple of hours stating that further checks are required. Some people got decision same day but in last few months I have not seen any where it was approved on same day. So 99% chance it will be deferred.

They might ask you for documents related to Tier 1 Entrepreneur application. So just to be on safe side take all the documents you can. If case worker asks for anything you can provide if you have it with you. But most likely they wont ask for any documents because they will have everything with them anyway. So its just life in the uk test, photograph and application form and print out of online booking and payment reference etc. Good Luck
Hi Devin, any update on your side? Fee refund etc?
Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:48 pm

Please desist from demanding updates from users on a post whose cases are irrelevant to OP's question :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:57 pm

amnaali03 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:39 pm
Devin wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:33 pm

Hi Devin, any update on your side? Fee refund etc?
Regards
I varied my application as well but was given a further checks required letter. No update. No refund so far.

Baba G
Newly Registered

Post by Baba G » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:25 am

Thanks devin and natsha for your help.

Do you think guys I should vary my application to ilr as devin said these days he hasn’t come across any applicant who successfully get ilr after vary their second pending application??
I was just wondering that were ppl before having ilr varied from second application in process???
I’m confused.

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:32 pm

Its up to you if you want to vary. There is no issue with that. HO is putting these cases on hold for some reason. Every case is different but many recent posts where people varied their application are waiting for decision for few months. Its becoming a trend.

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:40 pm

Majority of people who varied from Tier 1 Entrepreneur to ILR (LR) have faced longer delay. People switching from other categories have been granted visas fairly quickly. The only logical explanation could be that Tier 1 Entrepreneur is relatively complex catagory. So they want to make sure people who vary have fulfilled the requirements.

Baba G
Newly Registered

Post by Baba G » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:21 pm

Devin wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:40 pm
Majority of people who varied from Tier 1 Entrepreneur to ILR (LR) have faced longer delay. People switching from other categories have been granted visas fairly quickly. The only logical explanation could be that Tier 1 Entrepreneur is relatively complex catagory. So they want to make sure people who vary have fulfilled the requirements.
Thanks Devin.

As far as I understand, it’s same hassle as tier 1 ent ext. waiting for long time to get reply. And I personally think if my ilr application won’t be successful at premium service counter until they do all all checks that take months so no point to vary application.

God knows what checks they want to do as sometimes I feel like we have committed very serious crime that take several months to gather all evidence and do checks.

Thanks guys

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:02 am

Baba G wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:25 am

Do you think guys I should vary my application to ilr as devin said these days he hasn’t come across any applicant who successfully get ilr after vary their second pending application??
I was just wondering that were ppl before having ilr varied from second application in process???
I’m confused.
Your second application is an out-of-time application and submitted well beyond the 14 days after expiry of your initial visa. As such, the strict reading of the immigration rules stipulate that it should fall under general refusal.

However, you are right in that there have been cases here of people who have been granted ILR(LR) while there second application is in process.

My guess is that the ILR(LR) application expedites the second application and ILR(LR) is granted only if the second application would only be granted if the extension would be successful. If that is the case, then obviously you can't expect a decision the same day. But this is just my theory rather than any inside knowledge.

Baba G
Newly Registered

Post by Baba G » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:57 am

marcnath wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:02 am
Baba G wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:25 am

I’m confused.
Your second application is an out-of-time application and submitted well beyond the 14 days after expiry of your initial visa. As such, the strict reading of the immigration rules stipulate that it should fall under general refusal.

However, you are right in that there have been cases here of people who have been granted ILR(LR) while there second application is in process.

My guess is that the ILR(LR) application expedites the second application and ILR(LR) is granted only if the second application would only be granted if the extension would be successful. If that is the case, then obviously you can't expect a decision the same day. But this is just my theory rather than any inside knowledge.

Thanks Marcnath

Baba G
Newly Registered

Post by Baba G » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:01 pm

Hi guys,

I have been trying to book a slot for premium service for past four days but it says all centres are fully booked for next 45 business days.
Can anybody advice me if there is any other way to book a slot ???

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:09 pm

Baba G wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:01 pm
Hi guys,

I have been trying to book a slot for premium service for past four days but it says all centres are fully booked for next 45 business days.
Can anybody advice me if there is any other way to book a slot ???

Thanks
There is no other way to book other than the online system.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Baba G
Newly Registered

Post by Baba G » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:19 pm

[/quote]
There is no other way to book other than the online system.
[/quote]

Could you advice me what to do now as premium service not showing any dates at any centre.

Thanks