ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused........ :(

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tersia2010
Newly Registered

Confused........ :(

Post by Tersia2010 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:59 am

Good morning everyone.

On Monday i sent my mothers application for citizenship in, on the basis of me being married to EU pp holder and my mother our dependent. I received my citizenship last year at the April ceremony.

My mom entered Ireland in 2013, did the stamp 4 application and was refused, but granted the 5 year stamp on review. She has now lived with us for the 5 year period, hence applying on the basis of 5 year residence.

Now the thing that confuses me is the letter i received back from them this morning, stating that she does not meet requirements.... here's the exact wording

"Your application has now been initially assessed and has proceeded to the second stage of processing.
As you do not meet the residency requirement your application is being processed on your irish association with a view of submitting your application to the minister for decision."

1. i don't understand how she does not meet the requirements.
2. she's already on the second stage of processing?.... does that not normally take like 3 months

has anyone else experienced the same?

thank you