ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship and 10 Employment History

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Soul 7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British Citizenship and 10 Employment History

Post by Soul 7 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:37 am

Hello All

I am applying for nationality via citizenship.

I have an ILR, granted in July 2015 based on 10 years lawful residence.

I filled form AN Feb 2017 version, along with signed references, photographs, master degree (for English language), Life in UK pass test, passport application signed and ready.

I noticed a potential problem in my employment history, I was employed with Tesco on part time basis (Sat and Sunday shifts on check out only). I applied for tier 1 entrepreneur visa which arrived on 18-20 May 2013, since I had a 28 days notice period to end the employment. I sent in a sick note along with cover letter and resignation letter, I have proof of postage for it which was 23 May 2013. My P45 and HMRC record for Tesco shows a leaving date of 25 June 2013.

I am really worried whether this would be seen as a breach of immigration rule (as under tier 1 entrepreneur visa, I could only work in my business). it might also impact my ILR if that is the case. I need assistance and guidance on this.

thanks

rahul190
Mood:
India

Re: British Citizenship and 10 Employment History

Post by rahul190 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:34 am

Did you get any update from Ho?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: British Citizenship and 10 Employment History

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:30 pm

Soul 7 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:37 am
Hello All

I am applying for nationality via citizenship.

I have an ILR, granted in July 2015 based on 10 years lawful residence.

I filled form AN Feb 2017 version, along with signed references, photographs, master degree (for English language), Life in UK pass test, passport application signed and ready.

I noticed a potential problem in my employment history, I was employed with Tesco on part time basis (Sat and Sunday shifts on check out only). I applied for tier 1 entrepreneur visa which arrived on 18-20 May 2013, since I had a 28 days notice period to end the employment. I sent in a sick note along with cover letter and resignation letter, I have proof of postage for it which was 23 May 2013. My P45 and HMRC record for Tesco shows a leaving date of 25 June 2013.

I am really worried whether this would be seen as a breach of immigration rule (as under tier 1 entrepreneur visa, I could only work in my business). it might also impact my ILR if that is the case. I need assistance and guidance on this.

thanks
Did you explain this in your application to HO? Not sure how the homeoffice will view this but I guess it will only be reasonable for you to be allowed time to transition from your old to the new visa requirements which you acted on immediately.
I do not think that there is anything in the guide that says you you should stop work immediately after receiving your tier 1 general visa but only that you should not engage in other employment apart from working for your business.

When did your previous visa expire? Did they mention anything about other employment activities
and when you should cease employment if currently employed in your approval letter? It will be unfair if it is used against you when they have not made it clear.