ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need some urgent advise regarding interview

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uzzal13

Got interview call

Post by uzzal13 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:49 pm

Gurus just got call from home office regarding interview. They are coming to my Restaurent next Tuesday. Please give me suggestion and advise me what i need to keep prepare.
Applied 16th may 2017.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Got interview call

Post by marcnath » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:51 pm

Just search in this forum for the word(s) interview or interview questions.

Plenty of discussion that I am sure you will helpful.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

uzzal13

Post by uzzal13 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:03 pm

Thanks mate, just getting very tense unnecessary. i do genuine business but still very worried.

dhirja
United Kingdom

Post by dhirja » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:48 pm

Hi all the best.

Did you receive call from known or unknown number.

Thanks

uzzal13

Post by uzzal13 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:59 pm

dhirja wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:48 pm
Hi all the best.

Did you receive call from known or unknown number.

Thanks
Known number mate

uzzal13

Need some urgent advise regarding interview

Post by uzzal13 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Dear Gurus, HO officer is coming to my restaurant for interview day after tomorrow. need some advise regarding following issues:
1. I picked a hunted building and gave proper event restaurant look( spend 50k plus last year). Building owner tried to do so many things and failed and gave up. then the property was looked 3/4 years. thats why he gave me 2 years rent free on 6 years lease. also including rate and utilities. Business is picking slowly. after two years i have to pay rent rate and utilities. these would give me any trouble? can they ask why ur landlord is giving so much?
2. last 3/4 month business is bit slow thats why i am running this restaurant with only 3 part time staff and we two director(1 on payroll 24 hours but does 40 plus hours). as it is event restaurant so when we do event or get busy i call some local young British student to help us and pay them from Tips money and never show them on payroll. should i hide this part in my interview
3. got interview call after 8 month that means i got all the point investment, job creation etc?

nevergiveup88
India

Re: Need some urgent advise regarding interview

Post by nevergiveup88 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:34 am

UZZAL13
Could you please share your timeline

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:48 am

nevergiveup88 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:34 am
UZZAL13
Could you please share your timeline
Please stop asking people to post their timelines. It is not relevant to their posts. :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:54 am

1. I picked a hunted building and gave proper event restaurant look( spend 50k plus last year). Building owner tried to do so many things and failed and gave up. then the property was looked 3/4 years. thats why he gave me 2 years rent free on 6 years lease. also including rate and utilities. Business is picking slowly. after two years i have to pay rent rate and utilities. these would give me any trouble? can they ask why ur landlord is giving so much?
Does these conditions are reflected in your lease and contracts with him ??
2. last 3/4 month business is bit slow thats why i am running this restaurant with only 3 part time staff and we two director(1 on payroll 24 hours but does 40 plus hours). as it is event restaurant so when we do event or get busy i call some local young British student to help us and pay them from Tips money and never show them on payroll. should i hide this part in my interview
Everyone's pay must be reported via PAYE in most cases. Don't you have an accountant ?
3. got interview call after 8 month that means i got all the point investment, job creation etc?
No. The compliance team seems to be a separate entity, conducting interviews
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

uzzal13

Post by uzzal13 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:52 am

Thanks Zimba88,
1. yes it's reflected on the lease.
2.yes I do have accountant. Only who work may be once in a month are not on book but 3 part time on book.
3. I thought I got point from investment job creation English and maintenance only genuinety test left.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:54 am

uzzal13 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:52 am
Thanks Zimba88,
1. yes it's reflected on the lease.
You have a proper business contract and you seem to have a good rationale behind it. Just be confident about it. As long as you have not done anything wrong, then there is no reason for it to impact your application.
uzzal13 wrote:
2.yes I do have accountant. Only who work may be once in a month are not on book but 3 part time on book.
There is no requirement that everyone who works at your place needs to be an employee and on PAYE. You could have independent contractors. But that should still show up in your accounts. It’s illegal for an employer to pay wages ‘cash in hand’ without deducting tax and National Insurance contributions. So, if that's what you are doing, you are better off with the interviewers not finding about it.
uzzal13 wrote:
3. I thought I got point from investment job creation English and maintenance only genuinety test left.
There have been cases in this forum who got interviewed and months later was rejected based on documentation. So don't make any assumptions.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

uzzal13

Post by uzzal13 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:31 pm

Thanks a lot Marcnath

uzzal13

Interview went well

Post by uzzal13 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:02 pm

Dear Zimba88 and Marcnath, thanks for ur help. This morning I had my interview and it went so far well. 80% questions covered from this board. Just need to email him few invoices and rti. Can u help me to the following tropic pls
Interviewer asked me how much wages I paid to my employees?
My answer was Around 150k but I didn't tell him this figure is till Fab 17 when my 3rd annual account done. Agin the actual figure is 155 k.
From March 17 till now I paid another 33k. When I email him those should I correct it?

HowHardCouldItBe
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Interview went well

Post by HowHardCouldItBe » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:40 am

uzzal13 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:02 pm
Dear Zimba88 and Marcnath, thanks for ur help. This morning I had my interview and it went so far well. 80% questions covered from this board. Just need to email him few invoices and rti.
It would be helpful to others if you wouldn't mind sharing the 20% of questions that weren't covered on these forums.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:22 am

uzzal13 wrote:
Dear Zimba88 and Marcnath, thanks for ur help. This morning I had my interview and it went so far well. 80% questions covered from this board. Just need to email him few invoices and rti. Can u help me to the following tropic pls
Interviewer asked me how much wages I paid to my employees?
My answer was Around 150k but I didn't tell him this figure is till Fab 17 when my 3rd annual account done. Agin the actual figure is 155 k.
From March 17 till now I paid another 33k. When I email him those should I correct it?
Those are not significant deviations and you said "around" anyway. Up to you whether you want to update - it should not impact either way.

uzzal13

Post by uzzal13 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:26 pm

HowHardCouldItBe wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:40 am
uzzal13 wrote:
Dear Zimba88 and Marcnath, thanks for ur help. This morning I had my interview and it went so far well. 80% questions covered from this board. Just need to email him few invoices and rti.
It would be helpful to others if you wouldn't mind sharing the 20% of questions that weren't covered on these forums.
those r very much ur own business related question. like give the explanation why the last 3 years turnovers got that much variation (60 k, 130k and 70k). if u know ur business u would be alright. asked be about advertisement. one of my ad materials was billboard. asked me the name of the junction where i put billboard on? there was 22 pages of questions sheet but number of questions ware around 50 to 60. i think they use almost same question sheet for every one. again keep the prof of investment, asked me did i do any event(event cat) last one week? what was that? ur business partner was involved with that? but nothing complicated if u know ur business.

HowHardCouldItBe
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HowHardCouldItBe » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:22 pm

uzzal13 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:26 pm
those r very much ur own business related question. like give the explanation why the last 3 years turnovers got that much variation (60 k, 130k and 70k). if u know ur business u would be alright. asked be about advertisement. one of my ad materials was billboard. asked me the name of the junction where i put billboard on? there was 22 pages of questions sheet but number of questions ware around 50 to 60. i think they use almost same question sheet for every one. again keep the prof of investment, asked me did i do any event(event cat) last one week? what was that? ur business partner was involved with that? but nothing complicated if u know ur business.
Thanks Uzzal13 - that's very helpful to know.

uzzal13

Bank doesn't allow me to open another Business account

Post by uzzal13 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:44 pm

Dear Gurus specially Marcnath & Zimba,
My current business & company is going to close soon. Extension application is still pending after interview. I already open new company for my new business. Tried to open another business account for new business but rejected.
As I don't have current visa or biometric card Banks are refusing me to open 2ed business account. Is there any way I could convince the bank? Worst case scenario if they don't open new Business Acc can I use I personal accountant for the time being and after visa extension I would open business account?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:08 pm

You can use your personal bank account just to get things going