ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for newborn

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rockcbe
United Kingdom

Visa for newborn

Post by rockcbe » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:47 am

Hi All,

Iam on tier 2 General Visa since May 2014 and so are my my wife and first kid.

We recently had a baby last week and I have a few questions reg the visa status and application.

1.) is it mandatory to apply visa within first 3 months.. As I was pointed to below that nhs charges would occur after 3 months if the baby does not have visa.

https://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSs ... e-eea.aspx

2.) My last extension was in country in October and hence did not show maintenance funds. So if I apply for the visa for new born do I need to show maintenance??
From pbs guidance docs..

82. If you apply separately from the main applicant you will need to have the necessary funds to meet the maintenance requirement or have a written undertaking from an A-rated Sponsor, unless the main applicant already had leave in a Tier 2 category and when applying for their most recent period of Tier 2 leave was not required to show evidence of satisfying maintenance requirements.

3.) does the new born need to pay NHS surcharge??

Thanks in advance

rockcbe
United Kingdom

Re: Visa for newborn

Post by rockcbe » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:02 am

Any one?

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:34 pm

rockcbe wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:47 am
Hi All,

Iam on tier 2 General Visa since May 2014 and so are my my wife and first kid.

We recently had a baby last week and I have a few questions reg the visa status and application.

1.) is it mandatory to apply visa within first 3 months.. As I was pointed to below that nhs charges would occur after 3 months if the baby does not have visa. - Where are you reading the 3 months mandate in the link you have provided? It does talk about funded conception being taken off from 21st August 2017 but doesn't say anything around children needing leave after 3 months to continue getting access to NHS

https://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSs ... e-eea.aspx

2.) My last extension was in country in October and hence did not show maintenance funds. So if I apply for the visa for new born do I need to show maintenance??
From pbs guidance docs..

82. If you apply separately from the main applicant you will need to have the necessary funds to meet the maintenance requirement or have a written undertaking from an A-rated Sponsor, unless the main applicant already had leave in a Tier 2 category and when applying for their most recent period of Tier 2 leave was not required to show evidence of satisfying maintenance requirements.
I think it is abundantly clear that for a new PBS dependent visa as is your case,
maintenance requirement needs to be met. You can meet it by getting a letter from your employer if you can't do it yourself provided your employer agrees to do so.

3.) does the new born need to pay NHS surcharge?? - Yes, for the length of leave they will get i.e. from application date to the expiry of main applicant's leave.

Thanks in advance
FYI, I am on Tier 2 visa and I have an infant born in the UK. While we have heard from our local surgery about leave validity for my own leave and that of my partner, they have never asked for anything about our infant although we are all registered at the same surgery and visit them more often for our infant more than ourselves. My understanding is that for a child born in the UK, a visa is required to re-enter UK if they have to leave not to continue living.

rockcbe
United Kingdom

Post by rockcbe » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:44 am

Hi @gag285,

Thanks for your reply.. Sorry was away and hence the delay in responding back.

1. Its under the 3rd section on that page
If you give birth to a child in the UK, then your child will be entitled to free NHS hospital treatment in England on the same basis as someone who is ordinarily resident. Your child is covered until three months of age, but only if he/she hasn't left the UK during that period. You'll also need to meet one of the below criteria:

you have a valid visa of more than six months and paid the surcharge for that visa
you have a valid visa for more than six months, but were exempt from paying the surcharge
you have a valid visa for more than six months, which you applied for prior to April 6 2015
You should apply for a visa for your child during the three-month period after your child's birth. If required, you may have to pay the surcharge for your child. Failure to do so means you may be charged for NHS services provided for your child after the three-month period.
2. Are you sure as the second line says

unless the main applicant already had leave in a Tier 2 category and when applying for their most recent period of Tier 2 leave was not required to show evidence of satisfying maintenance requirements.
The reason I ask is Iam currently struggling financially with baby and moving places and has been very hard to hold on to any form of savings.

Thanks,