ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bharathbala2003
Newly Registered

Tier 2 to ILR queries

Post by bharathbala2003 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:23 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for my ILR next week tuesday at Croydon UKVI office and have a couple of questions -

I am applying for myself and my Wife and we both have been together in the UK since I got my Tier 2 General sanctioned in 2013 Feb and 1 year prior to that on PSW and wife as dependent. She is currently self employed.

1)Do I need to fill 2 application forms (one for me and one for my wife?) or is it just the one form for me as main applicant?
I thought it was one form for the both of us but a friend of mine said he had given 2 forms so this has confused me.

2) If it is 2 forms then she would require all her payslips etc. same as me (main applicant)?

3) If it is a single form then under section 5 - 5.7 where there is a table to indicate the source of income that you and your partner are relaying -

Income Source Interval Amount

Main applicant Salary Monthly xxxxxx
Dependent appl Sal Monhtly xxxxxx
Dependent Dividends Random xxxxxx

Any response would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

nazibullah
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Tier 2 to ILR queries

Post by nazibullah » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:37 am

Hi bharathbala2003,

If you are applying for settlement/ILR as a Tier-2 Migrant, you will have to use SET (O) form which allows joining dependents.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -01-18.pdf

Read Carefully the form guidance note:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-17.pdf

Hope that would answer your all queries.

Best Wishes

qad3r007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by qad3r007 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:22 am

bharathbala2003 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:23 pm
Hi All,

I am applying for my ILR next week tuesday at Croydon UKVI office and have a couple of questions -

I am applying for myself and my Wife and we both have been together in the UK since I got my Tier 2 General sanctioned in 2013 Feb and 1 year prior to that on PSW and wife as dependent. She is currently self employed.

1)Do I need to fill 2 application forms (one for me and one for my wife?) or is it just the one form for me as main applicant?
I thought it was one form for the both of us but a friend of mine said he had given 2 forms so this has confused me.

2) If it is 2 forms then she would require all her payslips etc. same as me (main applicant)?

3) If it is a single form then under section 5 - 5.7 where there is a table to indicate the source of income that you and your partner are relaying -

Income Source Interval Amount

Main applicant Salary Monthly xxxxxx
Dependent appl Sal Monhtly xxxxxx
Dependent Dividends Random xxxxxx

Any response would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
1. You do not need to fill in 2 forms. Main applicant and Dependant are both included in the same form.

2. You do not need to fill in section 5.7 unless you cannot meet the salary requirement due to being on Maternity/Paternity leave.

Also if you are the main applicant and are earning at or above the minimum threshold required for ILR then there is no requirement to include your dependant's finances.

bharathbala2003
Newly Registered

Post by bharathbala2003 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:27 pm

Thanks for the confirmation. My Salary has always been above the 35k limit (since I got my Tier 2) so hopefully should be sufficient. I do have the letter from the accountants we use to confirm that my wife is the director with the level of funds available as dividends (40k+) at this point. so hoping that should suffice.

bharathbala2003
Newly Registered

Post by bharathbala2003 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:20 pm

Ok i just noticed something in my bank statement it has one day in mid nov when it went to overdraft as I had set up a new DD and forgot about it! Other than that one day its always had money in account. The final amount shown on statement (29th jan) is over 8k . Is this going to be a problem? Or maybe I just submit the past 1 month rather than 3?

qad3r007
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by qad3r007 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:43 pm

bharathbala2003 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:20 pm
Ok i just noticed something in my bank statement it has one day in mid nov when it went to overdraft as I had set up a new DD and forgot about it! Other than that one day its always had money in account. The final amount shown on statement (29th jan) is over 8k . Is this going to be a problem? Or maybe I just submit the past 1 month rather than 3?
Hi

Does not matter if your bank account went in overdraft, they simply want to see the bank statements to see salary coming into your account.