ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chances of successful unmarried partner visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Englandhome18
Newly Registered
Australia

Spouse Visa - job offer/financial requirements

Post by Englandhome18 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:38 am

When it says in the guidelines - state what type of employment the job offer is... eg. Permanent, fixed cobtract, agency...does this mean they would consider giving a visa to an applicant (me) whose sponsor (my partner) has a job offer from an agency? My partner seems to think so, but I can't see how they would unless the agency could guarantee you will get the hours to earn the required 18,600 pounds? Otherwise setting that limit would be pointless. I told him I think theres either agencies that can guarantee your salary in the UK (he strongly disagrees) or that even tjough it says agency on there that doesn't mean they will accept the visa if your job offer is from an agency. meet every other requirement - e.g he earns well above the equivalent of 18,600 here in Australia. Been together over 4 years, 2 kids etc. But the job offer is the sticking point. Unless the job is permanent or fixed term contract where your guaranteed hours and 18,600 pounds a year I simply cant see how theyd grant the visa.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa - job offer/financial requirements

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:57 am

My understanding is that the minimum annual earnings of £18,600 must be guaranteed by the UK employer (in writing).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Englandhome18
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Spouse Visa - job offer/financial requirements

Post by Englandhome18 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:35 am

Thankyou.

So if the letter said approximate expected annual income 26,000 pounds that wouldn't be good enough?

Englandhome18
Newly Registered
Australia

Change of address since unmarried partner visa submitted

Post by Englandhome18 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:56 am

Hi

My british citizen partner and my house sale in Australia finally went through and settled the day id printed off my VAF4 application ready for the biometric appointment the next day.

My application says my old address. I had thought about changing it to the new address but then though its going to cause all sorts of problems because I will have had no proof of us living together at the temporary place yet.

The thing is one of the documents I submitted to show both our names on it was a letter from the solicitor back in early December which talks about the sale of our property. This is because we had an unconditional subject to sale offer but were waiting up until February for their house to sell and settlement to take place.

Now im thinking its going to look like we had already sold our house. Also worried that because we actually did the biometrics the day after the house settled, that we in fact lied about where we were residing and could get rejected on that basis.

So silly, I should have mentioned the impending sale of the house in my introduction letter. Or held off on applying until I had some paperwork from the new place for both of us - but we are only here for 3mths which is how long the visa will take so I felt rushed!

Should I send a note to the visa office with some paoerwork from my new address once it cones in, explaining we have now moved. I know they say your not supposed to. It doesnt matter if the address is my old address because we have mail redirection im just worried about getting refused on this technicality.

Englandhome18
Newly Registered
Australia

Chances of successful unmarried partner visa

Post by Englandhome18 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:57 am

What do you think our chances are

Im Australian, my partner is a British Citizen and we have 2 British citizen (by descent) toddlers.

We have lived together since 2013. 3 years in a house we built together. Have plenty of evidence of cohabitation.

He has been earning the equivalent of 42,000 pounds a year here in Aus at one employer for 2 years

His job offer in the UK is for a contractor, and he has been offered the job on a self employed basis stating average hours and average expected annual income of 25,000 pounds.

His parents have written a letter allowing us to stay in there 3 bed council house of which they occupy 1 bedroom. We did not get a house inspection but tje tenancy agreement, bills. The council wouldn't write to say we could fit in there they said it should be a given.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Chances of successful unmarried partner visa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:29 am

You should have a fair chance of success, providing you are able to submit documented evidence of your co-habitation and the job is confirmed to start within 3 months of arrival.

You will also have to provide proof of his 12 months earnings in Australia, prior to submitting the application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:51 am

Topics Merged (click)

Kindly keep all questions on the same application in one topic/thread (this one).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Englandhome18
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Englandhome18 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:48 am

Oh ok. Apologies.

Englandhome18
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Englandhome18 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:33 am

Sorry this thread is a bit confusing now as posts weee merged but just wondering if anyone could give me advice as to whether I should forward a note explaining why there was a letter regarding settlement from our house way back in december, and also forward some documents from our new address to prove we are still living together at new address whilst application is still being processed, or let them request documents/or accept reject application as is. I have only yesterday had an email saying theyve got my online application, and 7 days ago saying they received my paperwork