ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa income

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kate1989
Newly Registered
Ireland

Spouse visa income

Post by Kate1989 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:07 am

Hi I have a solicitor who we have paid £1000 so far. They have told me that I don’t meet the financial requirement and instead of 6 monrhs I need to wait 12. I have worked for the company for 9 months on a salary but with an extra £4200 per year added on top. Total salary is £19,600 per year roughly. I will put the earnongs from the last 6 months below. I am paid the last Wednesday of every month. So some months are longer or shorter than each other.

£2002.56

£1633.67

£16633.67

£1580.97

£1633.67

£1633.67

£1633.67

My solicitor is saying because the amount isn’t exactly the same each month that I need to provide 12 months of payslips not 6. I have 9 so is this enough? Im so confused she shouldn’t of took our money until she looked through my documents properly. She takes weeks to reply to my emails and its now the weekend so shes not able to reply. Also which category would it be A? Thank you

Bathory
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa income

Post by Bathory » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:13 pm

It may help to review financial requirements from the Home Office (see link).
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Final.pdf
Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. Therefore the figure used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary received during the 6 month period.

Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual
employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).

Kate1989
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Kate1989 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:24 pm

So does that mean I have to wait for the 12 months? Or have I earned enough in the last 6 months?

Dreamteam31
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by Dreamteam31 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:20 pm

Kate1989 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:24 pm
So does that mean I have to wait for the 12 months? Or have I earned enough in the last 6 months?

I think you can apply under category A non salaried income with 6 months payslips. Throughout the 6 months your salary is above £1550 a month so you can apply you dont have to wait for 12 months.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:50 pm

Go back to that solicitor and ask for refund of that £1000 fee who given you wrong advise and if they don't refund then complain to relevant authority.

Based on your situation you can either way (salaried/non-salaried person) fulfill the requirements under category A where you only need 6 months of payslips & bank statements.

Ask for refund from that solicitor and just use that forum freely.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.