ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizen born abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jalal_khan81
Newly Registered
Pakistan

British citizen born abroad

Post by Jalal_khan81 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:48 pm

Hi,

I was naturalized in July, 2017. My son was born in the month of Aug, 2017 in Pakistan.

I applied for his British Passport in Sep. I submitted all the documents i was asked to. It's been 5 months now and I haven't heard from them. Has someone got a timeline for their Child's passport application born abroad?

I have been expecting them to call me for an interview, haven't heard from them yet.
Is there a possibility that I might be asked to do a DNA test. If yes, I am in UK and child is in Pakistan. Have they got designated labs for DNA testing in the UK and Pakistan?

Can someone kindly advice on it please!

vinny

Re: British citizen born abroad

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:53 pm

I think they may require DNA test only if you were not married to your son's mother.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Jalal_khan81
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jalal_khan81 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:14 pm

vinny wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:53 pm
I think they may require DNA test only if you were not married to your son's mother.
Thank you for your reply.

I have submitted marriage certificate and other documents they requested to prove the marriage.

Was i suppose to submit photocopies of my paternity leave documents from work and payslip which shows that I disclosed the birth of a child at work and claimed paternity leave and pay. Can they ask for these documents or can they check it themselves?

Jalal_khan81
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jalal_khan81 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:45 pm

Hi

Can someone kindly advice if i was to send paternity record (payslip showing paternity pay and photocopy of forms i submitted at work) along with my sons passport application. He was born in Pakistan.

Regards

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:48 pm

Jalal_khan81 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:45 pm
Hi

Can someone kindly advice if i was to send paternity record (payslip showing paternity pay and photocopy of forms i submitted at work) along with my sons passport application. He was born in Pakistan.

Regards
Its quite normal to take that long form pakistan. You could have applied for Certificate of Abode.That would have been alot quicker and once the child came to UK you could have applied for passport.

https://www.gov.uk/right-of-abode/apply ... ntitlement

Normally it takes over 6 months to get British passport from Pakistan.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II