ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job offer and tier 2 sponsor.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raul_arora
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Job offer and tier 2 sponsor.

Post by raul_arora » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:49 pm

Hi,

I am serving my cooling off period right now but before flying back, actually 3 months back, I applied for a job and I have an offer now. The job is on the shortage occupation list.
I am wondering that do I need to serve the cooling off period in this case or can it be skipped?

If it can be, then does my employer needs to notify the HO about my cooling off period or shall I just apply for a new tier 2 general visa ?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Job offer and tier 2 sponsor.

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:57 pm

What is the SOC and job title?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raul_arora
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by raul_arora » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:11 am

Hi,

The SOC is "2425, Actuaries, economists, and statisticians" and job-title is Bioinformatician.

Thanks

vsan86
India

Post by vsan86 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:25 pm

raul_arora wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:11 am
Hi,

The SOC is "2425, Actuaries, economists, and statisticians" and job-title is Bioinformatician.

Thanks
Hi,

Please see below from the Tier 2 Policy Guidance page 22, which may help you.

Please note that if you have had a grant of leave for entry clearance, leave to enter or
remain as a Tier 2 Migrant at any time during the 12 months immediately before your date
of application, unless you were only being sponsored in Tier 2 (as recorded by the
Certificate of Sponsorship) for a period of 3 months or less, you will not be able to apply for
further leave under Tier 2 unless one of the following applies:

i. you were not in the UK with leave as a Tier 2 Migrant at any time during the above 12
month period immediately before your date of application and you can provide evidence
to show this has been met as set out in paragraph 72 below, or

ii. the salary for the job that the Certificate of Sponsorship Checking Service shows you
are being sponsored to do (including any allowances listed as acceptable for this
purpose in paragraph 79 of Appendix A of the Immigration Rules) is £159,600 or
higher.

raul_arora
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by raul_arora » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I have an idea about this but I read in one of the posts on this forum that tier 2 cooling period can be skipped if the job is in the shortage occupation category.

But the information here is very general and does not consider the SOC.

Also, I applied to work with a department in a higher education institute on a non-advertised position to gain some work experience. So, can I travel on tier 5 during this period then ?

Thanks!

aaron001
Newly Registered
India

Post by aaron001 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi, is it possible for two different employers to apply and get a tier 2 restricted cos for the same person at the same time?

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:45 pm

No

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:30 pm

aaron001 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:37 pm
Hi, is it possible for two different employers to apply and get a tier 2 restricted cos for the same person at the same time?
No, because I had a CoS from employer A before and when employer B was trying to apply a CoS for me the system wouldn't allow so I had to ask employer A to cancel the CoS.

aaron001
Newly Registered
India

Post by aaron001 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:53 am

Thanks UKLL. The CoS application of my employer got rejected due to improper RLMT, so I was wondering if it's ok to let two different employers work on it this month to increase chances.

raul_arora
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by raul_arora » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:08 am

Hi,

A quick question. Does travelling to UK on a visitor's visa and on tier 5 would interfere with my cooling off period for tier 2 ?

Thanks!