ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yasir
Newly Registered

Work Experience

Post by Yasir » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:00 pm

Hi All

I am thankful to all of the friends who gave me the all necessary infos. I required, one thing more I ve to ask is that:

> Is it good to mention the designations and the number of persons managed by me in my Job Description letter. In my case as area sales manager I ve been alloted a territory and I am resposible for all the sales and marketing activities of my subordinates working in that area. can this be considered as a senior level work experience or not.

>I ve marketing and sales experience of pesticides and other agricultural products can this be considered in (UK) for the marketing of other products like consumer goods and electronics etc. I ve also got the certificates of sales and marketing.
Thanx

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:22 pm

Is it good to mention the designations and the number of persons managed by me in my Job Description letter.
As per my earlier comments yes - did you read my post?
I ve marketing and sales experience of pesticides and other agricultural products can this be considered in (UK) for the marketing of other products like consumer goods and electronics etc. I ve also got the certificates of sales and marketing.
IMHO yes - shouldn't be a problem as such. Note the UK has an agricultural industry (shrinking) but still there.

Yasir
Newly Registered

Thanx

Post by Yasir » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:27 pm

Thanx Kayalami
I would like to appreciate ur quick response and I am grateful to you and I hope you will provide me further assistance. One more thing to ask is this necessary to mantion job duties of all designations i ve worked or I will mention only the latest job descriptions of the post i am working bcz the job duties changes with the designation. Thanx again

hareenpatel
Mood:
United Kingdom

My qualification & experience are different.

Post by hareenpatel » Tue May 31, 2005 1:06 pm

Hi!

I need ur advice,

I did my BSc. in Electronics.
Then i did MCSE & worked for 2 years as network administrator. (mar. 2000 to feb 2002)
Then due to my interest in designing, (I learnt web development at home) i got job in a web development company (mar.2002 till now). Now i am at senior post (Technical Director) member of Board of Directors of the company. Where i manage the team of 27 programmers.

My question is that, will i be able to show my experience of 5 years & 1 year as senior level. I want to ask this question because i worked as network administrator for 2 years & then 3 years as web developer. Both are different skills.

I had read a post, mentioning that we must mention that how our past education help us getting job, & how it is useful for my day to day job routines. I am doubtful that how will i satisfy them.

Please help me.
Thanks