ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EEA PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sophia08

Non EEA PR

Post by Sophia08 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:53 am

Hello! My husband will be applying for his PR. I (EEA) already have DCPR. Do we still need to submit my P60's or payslips or will my DCPR be enough?

Thank you!

Rumplestiltskin
Wales

Re: Non EEA PR

Post by Rumplestiltskin » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:08 pm

Ur recent payslips , along side employment letter .

Also non eea family members employment letter n payslips.

Proof of address of both of you covering day of Marriage till present.

( not to be taken as legal advice) its just my experience

Sophia08

Post by Sophia08 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:16 pm

Rumplestiltskin wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:08 pm
Ur recent payslips , along side employment letter .

Also non eea family members employment letter n payslips.

Proof of address of both of you covering day of Marriage till present.

( not to be taken as legal advice) its just my experience
Thank you for your reply. I hope you don't mind me asking another question. Do we need to use the latest EEA PR form? If yes, do we need to fill out every page including the one about benefits?

Rumplestiltskin
Wales

Post by Rumplestiltskin » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:33 pm

Yes.

Sajid29
United Kingdom

Post by Sajid29 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:36 pm

It's abit confusing , you do rather to wait for senior advises . My wife has PR since 2015 . My wife is not working anymore and i ask the same question and if i am going to have any issue for my PR .they said All i need the proof of living together including marriage certificate and her PR and i will b fine ....
You better to wait for senior advises on this board .my daughter is british because of my wife PR and now she is waiting for my PR before she apply for naturalization .i will apply in september .i have no knowledge but i have heard from other people that PR is enough .i am a kind lucky i never been refused by homeoffice so hope for the best :) make sure you share your experience after your husband get PR :)

Sophia08

Post by Sophia08 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:39 am

Rumplestiltskin wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:33 pm
Yes.
Thank you!

Sophia08

Post by Sophia08 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:41 am

Sajid29 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:36 pm
It's abit confusing , you do rather to wait for senior advises . My wife has PR since 2015 . My wife is not working anymore and i ask the same question and if i am going to have any issue for my PR .they said All i need the proof of living together including marriage certificate and her PR and i will b fine ....
You better to wait for senior advises on this board .my daughter is british because of my wife PR and now she is waiting for my PR before she apply for naturalization .i will apply in september .i have no knowledge but i have heard from other people that PR is enough .i am a kind lucky i never been refused by homeoffice so hope for the best :) make sure you share your experience after your husband get PR :)
I am not sure as well what to do. I think admin of this forum is quite busy at the moment coz no one has replied yet.

Rumplestiltskin
Wales

Post by Rumplestiltskin » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:08 am

Sophia08 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:41 am
Sajid29 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:36 pm
I am not sure as well what to do. I think admin of this forum is quite busy at the moment coz no one has replied yet.

2018 now, I guess PR is lost if you are out of residence country in question for 2 years... so you still need to prove you havent lost PR. ( Better send proof of exercising treaty rights : only to leave no loop hole ) /" residence " than appealing later.

Sophia08

Post by Sophia08 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:33 am

Rumplestiltskin wrote:
Yes.
Sorry to bother you again. Is the latest form version 03/2016 with 85 pages? I can't see any 2017 version. Also, do i need to send photocopy of each document or just the originals?

Rumplestiltskin
Wales

Post by Rumplestiltskin » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:24 am

Sophia08 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:33 am
Rumplestiltskin wrote:
Yes.
Sorry to bother you again. Is the latest form version 03/2016 with 85 pages? I can't see any 2017 version. Also, do i need to send photocopy of each document or just the originals?
Yes. Treat his ( non eea pr application as if you have NO PR AT ALL ) its not necessary! But what can go wrong ?!

From ur marriage till now give ur 5 P60s or 6 or 7 or 8 , after P60s cover each year by 2-3 payslips every 3 months - 6 months interval.

2 bank statements/ year plus council tax bill showing both names , other utility bills.

Bank statements 1 front page with address , if u print online then take to bank & get certified . They will stamp " I certify its true copy ...... & staff number "

Originals ! Originals ! If u have been DIVORCED before or spouse has been , then divource certificate original & certified Translation if its in different language.

Also , non eea members 5 years work history also ( its asked by home office , even Gurus will say ITS IRRELEVANT !) but yes ! Believe me.

Nothing wrong with giving extra evidence. If case worker has 1000 cases , ITS NOT OUR PROBLEM. Leave no reason to get refused !

Sophia08

Post by Sophia08 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:54 am

Rumplestiltskin wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:24 am
Sophia08 wrote:
Rumplestiltskin wrote:
Yes.
Yes. Treat his ( non eea pr application as if you have NO PR AT ALL ) its not necessary! But what can go wrong ?!

From ur marriage till now give ur 5 P60s or 6 or 7 or 8 , after P60s cover each year by 2-3 payslips every 3 months - 6 months interval.

2 bank statements/ year plus council tax bill showing both names , other utility bills.

Bank statements 1 front page with address , if u print online then take to bank & get certified . They will stamp " I certify its true copy ...... & staff number "

Originals ! Originals ! If u have been DIVORCED before or spouse has been , then divource certificate original & certified Translation if its in different language.

Also , non eea members 5 years work history also ( its asked by home office , even Gurus will say ITS IRRELEVANT !) but yes ! Believe me.

Nothing wrong with giving extra evidence. If case worker has 1000 cases , ITS NOT OUR PROBLEM. Leave no reason to get refused !
Thank you so much! You have been very helpful. I am just very nervous. When I applied for my PR it did not really matter coz I could still work even if it would be rejected coz I am an EEA citizen. But for my husband who's non EEA, if it get refused, he won't be able to work.

Rumplestiltskin
Wales

Post by Rumplestiltskin » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:11 pm

Sophia08 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:54 am
Rumplestiltskin wrote:
Sophia08 wrote:
Rumplestiltskin wrote:
Yes.

Thank you so much! You have been very helpful. I am just very nervous. When I applied for my PR it did not really matter coz I could still work even if it would be rejected coz I am an EEA citizen. But for my husband who's non EEA, if it get refused, he won't be able to work.
He can still ! But it gets complicated. The below ruling will only helpful if he has been employed for 2 years ( qualifying period for employment Tribunal).

FYI ! Read it & have a glass of wine !

https://www.employmentcasesupdate.co.uk ... x?i=ed9672

Rumplestiltskin
Wales

Post by Rumplestiltskin » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:00 pm

Sophia08 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:54 am
Rumplestiltskin wrote:
Sophia08 wrote:
Rumplestiltskin wrote:
Yes.

How much time left in his Residence card expiry / renewal date ? Has he been issued 60 days reminder notice to produce right of work by Rc expiry date ?

Sophia08

Post by Sophia08 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:22 pm

His residence card will expire on July 2018 so we still have time.

Am I right in thinking that the date on the residence card is irrelevant?

We are planning to lodge his application on the day he will be 5 years from entering the UK. We have been married for months before he entered UK.

Rumplestiltskin
Wales

Post by Rumplestiltskin » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:22 pm

Sophia08 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:22 pm

We are planning to lodge his application on the day he will be 5 years from entering the UK. We have been married for months before he entered UK.
Correct. Date you started living together in UK if married before moving to UK or from date of marriage in UK.

Now a days you get Certificate of application as soon as Biometrics are enrolled, biometric letter is issued usually within few days of application.

"Certificate of application" will give him right to work or stay in employment for 6 months ( as application will be decided within 6 months time ) or until his appeal rights are exhausted if application is REFUSED.

Sajid29
United Kingdom

Post by Sajid29 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:33 pm

Rumplestiltskin
I think you are right if she is working better to submit everything .we never been away for more then a month .in my case i will submit my wife PR as she is not working currently but your view is much informative thanks .if they will make a drama then court is the place to bounce back ..i saw alot of post where eu citizen PR process is much quicker then non eu .

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:29 pm

Sophia08 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:53 am
Hello! My husband will be applying for his PR. I (EEA) already have DCPR. Do we still need to submit my P60's or payslips or will my DCPR be enough?
If you already have a DCPR (and you send it in) then you don't have to provide anything else. The form EEA(PR) specifically says this, although no one here seems to believe what's written there or in the EEA(PR) guidance notes, both of which explain this in black and white. Main reason they don't require proof of exercising treaty rights for someone with DCPR: because someone with PR does not need to exercise treaty rights. Once you have PR you're free to sit at home and knit the rest of your life if you want to. Of course you're free to send in a pile of P60s or payslips if you want to. You can also send in you dog's paw prints if you want to. Doesn't mean they want it or need it, or that it will be of any help to your application. If you want to be super safe, send your P60s or whatever as the sponsor's proof of continued residence in the UK, which you DO have to provide.

And yes, you can use an older version of the EEA(PR) form if you wish to. Older versions have to be accepted. Although the newest version is much better than the older ones.

Sophia08

Post by Sophia08 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:29 am

Rumplestiltskin wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:22 pm
Sophia08 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:22 pm

Correct. Date you started living together in UK if married before moving to UK or from date of marriage in UK.

Now a days you get Certificate of application as soon as Biometrics are enrolled, biometric letter is issued usually within few days of application.

"Certificate of application" will give him right to work or stay in employment for 6 months ( as application will be decided within 6 months time ) or until his appeal rights are exhausted if application is REFUSED.
Thank you again! I will give you updates on my husband's application.

Sophia08

Post by Sophia08 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:30 am

Sajid29 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:33 pm
Rumplestiltskin
I think you are right if she is working better to submit everything .we never been away for more then a month .in my case i will submit my wife PR as she is not working currently but your view is much informative thanks .if they will make a drama then court is the place to bounce back ..i saw alot of post where eu citizen PR process is much quicker then non eu .
Good luck on your application! Give us updates.

Sophia08

Post by Sophia08 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:32 am

GMB wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:29 pm
Sophia08 wrote:
If you already have a DCPR (and you send it in) then you don't have to provide anything else. The form EEA(PR) specifically says this, although no one here seems to believe what's written there or in the EEA(PR) guidance notes, both of which explain this in black and white. Main reason they don't require proof of exercising treaty rights for someone with DCPR: because someone with PR does not need to exercise treaty rights. Once you have PR you're free to sit at home and knit the rest of your life if you want to. Of course you're free to send in a pile of P60s or payslips if you want to. You can also send in you dog's paw prints if you want to. Doesn't mean they want it or need it, or that it will be of any help to your application. If you want to be super safe, send your P60s or whatever as the sponsor's proof of continued residence in the UK, which you DO have to provide.

And yes, you can use an older version of the EEA(PR) form if you wish to. Older versions have to be accepted. Although the newest version is much better than the older ones.
Thank you for your reply! To be on the safe side, i will submit DCPR and P60s. My problem about the new form is the question about benefits. I lost all the letters from HMRC regarding benefits. Can I use new form and skip the pages about benefits?

Rumplestiltskin
Wales

Post by Rumplestiltskin » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:05 am

Sophia08 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:32 am
GMB wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:29 pm
Sophia08 wrote:

Thank you for your reply! To be on the safe side, i will submit DCPR and P60s. My problem about the new form is the question about benefits. I lost all the letters from HMRC regarding benefits. Can I use new form and skip the pages about benefits?

Have you been on Benefits since getting PR ?? If not then obviously you dont need answer
Surfshark VPN

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:56 am

Rumplestiltskin wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:05 am
Have you been on Benefits since getting PR ?? If not then obviously you dont need answer
Be very careful using this advice, because that's not what the form says. The question it asks is: "16.1 Are you/is your sponsor claiming, or have you/has your sponsor claimed, since living in the UK, any of the public funds or state benefits listed in the table below?" (EEA(PR), v.03/16, p.74)

I see nothing in there about "since getting PR", nor is anything like that found in the Apr 2017 EEA(PR) Guidance Notes.

If you no longer have any documentation at all, to include even bank records, then personally I would mark 'yes' and write a note explaining that you or your sponsor did claim X benefits, during whatever dates, for whatever amount you can remember, but that you have no surviving records. That way they can't claim anyone lied, and if they really want to pursue it they can use your NIN to look it up themselves.

Sophia08

Post by Sophia08 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:24 pm

Rumplestiltskin wrote:

We claimed benefits during our first year here.

Sophia08

Post by Sophia08 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:25 pm

GMB wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:56 am
Rumplestiltskin wrote:
Be very careful using this advice, because that's not what the form says. The question it asks is: "16.1 Are you/is your sponsor claiming, or have you/has your sponsor claimed, since living in the UK, any of the public funds or state benefits listed in the table below?" (EEA(PR), v.03/16, p.74)

I see nothing in there about "since getting PR", nor is anything like that found in the Apr 2017 EEA(PR) Guidance Notes.

If you no longer have any documentation at all, to include even bank records, then personally I would mark 'yes' and write a note explaining that you or your sponsor did claim X benefits, during whatever dates, for whatever amount you can remember, but that you have no surviving records. That way they can't claim anyone lied, and if they really want to pursue it they can use your NIN to look it up themselves.
Thank you! I think i will follow your advice.

Rumplestiltskin
Wales

Post by Rumplestiltskin » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:40 pm

Sophia08 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:24 pm
Rumplestiltskin wrote:

We claimed benefits during our first year here.

1 question out of curiosity if you dont mind ?

You said you & non eea were married before moving to UK . So how you got UK PR before Non EEA ? Was non EEA not qualified at the time you applied for PR ? Have you actually GOT PR CARD ? or you are just ASSUMING that you have PR ?
Surfshark VPN