ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependent earliest date of application: 28 days before the 5th anniversary of first visa issued or first arrival.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

user_name

PBS dependent earliest date of application: 28 days before the 5th anniversary of first visa issued or first arrival.

Post by user_name » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:32 am

Hi all,

PBS (tier 1) dependent.

Initial visa (entry clearance) issued: April 2013.

First arrival in the UK: June 2013 (within 90 days and so within180 days of course).

How do I calculate the earliest date when I can apply for ILR? Is it 28 days prior to April or June?

The last extension was on May 2017 (before the changes introduced in January 2018 regarding absences).

Sorry, a bit confused with recent changes with absences allowed when calculating continuous period. Would you kindly advise your thoughts please?

Many thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: PBS dependent earliest date of application: 28 days before the 5th anniversary of first visa issued or first arrival

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:15 am

user_name wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:32 am
Hi all,

PBS (tier 1) dependent.

Initial visa (entry clearance) issued: April 2013.

First arrival in the UK: June 2013 (within 90 days and so within180 days of course). This one...date of entry.

How do I calculate the earliest date when I can apply for ILR? Is it 28 days prior to April or June? See above

The last extension was on May 2017 (before the changes introduced in January 2018 regarding absences).

Sorry, a bit confused with recent changes with absences allowed when calculating continuous period. Would you kindly advise your thoughts please?

Many thanks.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

user_name

Re: PBS dependent earliest date of application: 28 days before the 5th anniversary of first visa issued or first arrival

Post by user_name » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:44 am

Thank you Casa.

Can I request one more clarification please: what is the absence criteria (if any) that I should meet in my case? Is the rule of 180 days of absence allowance in any (continuous) 12 months period applicable to me?

In other words: will I break the continuity if I exceed 180 days of absence allowance in any continuous 12 months period during the 5 years?

Many thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:03 pm

user_name wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:44 am
Thank you Casa.

Can I request one more clarification please: what is the absence criteria (if any) that I should meet in my case? Is the rule of 180 days of absence allowance in any (continuous) 12 months period applicable to me? No

In other words: will I break the continuity if I exceed 180 days of absence allowance in any continuous 12 months period during the 5 years? No

Many thanks.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:12 pm

Further to my last post, note that the new Rule of absence introduced for PBS dependants doesn't affect anyone who has already extended and is applying for ILR (as your wife is).
(Casa, not CR001)

user_name

Post by user_name » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:13 pm

Thank you Casa.