ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa for Wife before Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kaydee2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Visit Visa for Wife before Spouse Visa

Post by kaydee2016 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:38 pm

Hi All,

Is it Ok to apply family visit visa for wife (we just married 2 months ago), before spouse visa is applied?
This is due to the fact the it takes long for spouse visa, due to English test etc. Are there any complications in spouse visa if visit visa is applied earlier.

regards

Kaydee

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Visit Visa for Wife before Spouse Visa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:43 pm

No complications, but you may find it a challenge to prove strong ties to her home country when she has a husband living in the UK. The ECO needs to be convinced that she won't overstay her visitor visa.

If the visitor visa application is refused, it won't have any adverse affect on her subsequent spouse visa application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kaydee2016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visit Visa for Wife before Spouse Visa

Post by kaydee2016 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:45 pm

Thanks a lot Casa for your quick reply.
Appreciated
Kaydee