ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship as a spouse of British Citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zack1983
Newly Registered
Lebanon

British Citizenship as a spouse of British Citizen

Post by Zack1983 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:51 pm

Dear All,

I entered the UK in March 2006 as student , got my ILR in March 2016 based on 10 years residency, and became a British citizen in November 2017.

During my residency in the UK, I got married in October 2011 with my wife who is from Lebanon.

My wife entered the UK in January 2008 as student, and got her ILR in January 2018 based on 10 years residency.

My question is: Can my wife apply NOW for her British Citizenship as a spouse of British Citizen despite the fact that I became British recently? or should she hold ILR for 12 months before she will be eligible to apply?
I'll be grateful if someone has similar experience can share it with me

Thanks in advance for your help and support

Regards,
Zack

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: British Citizenship as a spouse of British Citizen

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:56 pm

Zack1983 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:51 pm
Dear All,

I entered the UK in March 2006 as student , got my ILR in March 2016 based on 10 years residency, and became a British citizen in November 2017.

During my residency in the UK, I got married in October 2011 with my wife who is from Lebanon.

My wife entered the UK in January 2008 as student, and got her ILR in January 2018 based on 10 years residency.

My question is: Can my wife apply NOW for her British Citizenship as a spouse of British Citizen despite the fact that I became British recently? or should she hold ILR for 12 months before she will be eligible to apply?
I'll be grateful if someone has similar experience can share it with me

Thanks in advance for your help and support

Regards,
Zack
Providing your wife meets all the standard requirements, she can apply for British Citizenship now.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.