ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost Passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Logan82

Lost Passport

Post by Logan82 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi Experts,

I am eligible for ILR via 5 year route next month. I have lost my previous passport which had my entry clearance visa and the first Tier 2 visa. i have a police certificate which confirm this and a copy of my lost passport.

The problem is, how do i confirm UKVI that i have not being out of the country for more than 180 days for the period of first year of the tier 2 visa. i have changed jobs now and i don't have a letter from my previous employer.

if i apply ILR thorough one day service, will they keep my application for further checks ?

Thanks in advance.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Lost Passport

Post by aaliya1986 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:17 pm

Logan82 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:12 pm
Hi Experts,

I am eligible for ILR via 5 year route next month. I have lost my previous passport which had my entry clearance visa and the first Tier 2 visa. i have a police certificate which confirm this and a copy of my lost passport.

The problem is, how do i confirm UKVI that i have not being out of the country for more than 180 days for the period of first year of the tier 2 visa. i have changed jobs now and i don't have a letter from my previous employer.

if i apply ILR thorough one day service, will they keep my application for further checks ?

Thanks in advance.
very likely they will need more time for further checks unless you provide complete documents which prove that you actually were not away for a long time.

has happened with many of the members on the forum.

you could have got your SAR and that would have also shown the Entry Dates in the UK. that should have also proved with any tickets and etc.

your documentary evidence needs to be strong.

Logan82

Post by Logan82 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:26 pm

I have already got a fast track SAR. but it doesn't have those information. i have been out of the UK for 2 times in that period. i can provide travel tickets for that.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:32 pm

SAR does not show all entry/exits. It usually only records "coded landings" which means "complicated entrances", when they suspected a problem and took some time to sort it (e.g. go to back room to look things up)

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:34 pm

Just reminder that PP alone does not record your days abroad as you are not stamped on the way out.

There is supposed to be an IT system recording that, but I believe it is not yet well setup

Logan82

Post by Logan82 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:41 am

Thank you aaliya and seasky for your valuable input.

I am trying to get an absence letter from my previous employer to cover these to trips out of the UK. hope this would be suffice.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:55 am

I am trying to get an absence letter from my previous employer to cover these to trips out of the UK. hope this would be suffice.
Get a letter from employer
Submit airline tickets and boarding pass copy
Submit bank statement of those months showing that you were paid during that time
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

gharib2018
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by gharib2018 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:33 pm

I've heard that 'lost passport' is one of the things that they stop at and raise too many Q's, I have the same situation here? submitted SAR and the reply came with no date in/ date out detailed info at all!!

Do you think that Payslips along the table of absent days stamped by employer would be enough?
Please advise..

Cheers..

Logan82

Post by Logan82 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:56 pm

gharib2018 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:33 pm
I've heard that 'lost passport' is one of the things that they stop at and raise too many Q's, I have the same situation here? submitted SAR and the reply came with no date in/ date out detailed info at all!!

Do you think that Payslips along the table of absent days stamped by employer would be enough?
Please advise..

Cheers..
I have got letters from my ex-employers relates to my absences from UK. and i am going to keep flight tickets details and banks statements in hand just in case they have ask for any proofs. and you can get a letter from HMRC called "Employment History". get that document and add it to your file so you can prove that you were not out of the country for long time. make sure to get the absence letters from all your ex employers.

gharib2018
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by gharib2018 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:47 pm

Thank you for your advices, in my case I have only one employer for the last 5 years, do I have to get this 'employment letter'?

gharib2018
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by gharib2018 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:51 pm

makky86 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:55 am
Submit bank statement of those months showing that you were paid during that time
Getting airline tickets or boarding passes is something close to impossible! but letter from my HR department should be doable as they have all my absence records!..

Any other advices?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:37 pm

gharib2018 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:51 pm
makky86 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:55 am
Getting airline tickets or boarding passes is something close to impossible! but letter from my HR department should be doable as they have all my absence records!..

Any other advices?
Why you think so its impossible? I can find all my tickets in email inbox. It depends if you delete such emails permanently or not.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

gharib2018
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by gharib2018 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:05 pm

Thanks for the prompt response.. in my case it is very very difficult.. too many travels! 2 or three email accounts, some travel was even issued by my company and I get PDF file only, etc.

So I am asking, if I will provide a table of my absent days (work or else) from our HR and have the director of the company to sign and stamp this- is this would be enough?

Thanks again..

Logan82

Post by Logan82 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:36 am

Read the reply from "fiso_family" here;

indefinite-leave-to-remain/re-ilr-appli ... 44722.html

1. Police certificate which confirm that you have reported this incident to police

2. letter from your employer confirming your absences from the UK and confirmation that you have being employed by the sponsor for the missing period. (employer has to provide this)

3. Payslips and Banks statements for the whole missing period.

4. request a employment history letter from HMRC OR Keep your P60's and P45(if any) with you just in case if they ask.

In my case, I have lost my passport in Dec 2013 and it covers one year of 5 qualifying years for ILR. got my new passport in march 2014. and i am planning to apply for ILR this month. so i prepared above documents from Feb 2013 to March 2014.

i will be submitting the police certificate and the letter from my previous employer confirming my absences and employment for the missing period. going to keep flight tickets, my employment history, bank statements and payslips for the missing period in a separate file just in case if they needed. i have prepared a covering letter explaining everything about the lost passport.

Probably experts can guide me here, i am not planning to submit above file at the beginning (i am going to premium service appointment). mainly because its a huge pile of documents. but in the cover letter, i have mentioned that these documents are available to submit upon request. so CW can ask for these documents if\when they need it. [can experts guide me on this please?]

And, there is a huge possibility that they will defer the application even though we provide all information above because they need to cross check all the absences against their records. so be positive.

below is the covering letter i am planning to submit with the application. hope this would be helpful for someone whose going through the same situation as me;

---------------------------Cover Letter------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Cover Letter – Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain

Currently I am living in the UK and have a valid Tier 2 (General) visa sponsored by xxxx Limited. My current visa is valid from xx xxx xxxx to xx xxx xxxx. As I have completed 5 years of continuous residence, I would like to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK using SET (O) form.

Please find below the details of the documents submitted in support of my application:

- Fully completed SET (O) Form
- Current Passport and the police certificate for lost passport
- 2 photographs
- Life in UK Test Certificate
- MSc Degree certificate from the xxxxx University
- Reference \ Absence letters from previous and current employers
- Employment confirmation letter from current employer
- 3 Recent pay slips and the 3 Recent bank statements
- Confirmation of authenticity of payslips letter
- 12 months banks statements and pay slips for year 2013 (As evidence to cover the missing period from previous passport) – Available to submit upon request

Stolen Passport (Passport Number: xxxxxxx)

xxth December 2013, someone stolen my backpack along with my passport and other valuables in xxxx, London. I have reported this incident to the police very next day. Police Certificate and a copy of the lost passport submitted with the application.

The Lost passport covers one year of the qualifying 5 years period for this application. I have submitted a letter from my Previous employer (xxxx) confirming my employment and absences from the United Kingdom. Also, I have 12 months bank statements and pay slips to attest that I was in United Kingdom during this period. These documents are available to submit upon request.

I trust the information that I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication. Thanking you.

Yours faithfully,

--------------------------------------------------------------------

//I have 12 months bank statements and pay slips to attest that I was in United Kingdom during this period. These documents are available to submit upon request. //

the above sentence is bold and underlined in the letter. so it will be highlighted.

i will be applying in coming weeks. i will keep you updated here.

Logan82

Post by Logan82 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:32 pm

I have submitted all my documents as i explained above and my ILR got approved today (the decision given same day. i am surprised too). no questions or additional documents asked.

appointment was at 10.30 and decision given at 16:30. longest 6 hours in my whole life.