ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Raided Under false Information

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

.:illusion:
Newly Registered

Home Raided Under false Information

Post by .:illusion: » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:00 pm

Hi guys, sorry to start of my first post like this.

This morning my house was raided by 11 immigration officers around 6:00 am. Someone had reported that my property was occupying a Illegal Kosovan named Adrian Brahimi.

Now I live with my family, we are all British Citizens born in this country (GB) since birth.

We showed them our GB passports and all they could say is sorry.

I asked them if this will happen again, and they said "only if it gets reported".

We have been living at this address for over 4 years and have had nothing like this happen before and it pees me off that Immigration can just say sorry and leave.

Could i get some advise on what i can do to prevent this from happening again ?

Should i make a complaint? if so to who.

Thank you

Newly Registered

Post by .:illusion: » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:18 pm

Anyone with any advise ?

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Re: Home Raided Under false Information

Post by Mr Rusty » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:19 pm

.:illusion: wrote:
We have been living at this address for over 4 years and have had nothing like this happen before and it pees me off that Immigration can just say sorry and leave.

Could i get some advise on what i can do to prevent this from happening again ?
Well, they said sorry. What else could you expect them to do? Mow the lawn?
Either they had an old address for the guy they were looking for, or he had provided a false address to somebody, maybe an employer, at some stage.
You can't absolutely be sure that you won't ever get a knock on the door from the police or some other law enforcement agency. Identity and other fraud is so widespread it could happen to anybody.
Presumably you have some idea which Immigration Office your visitors were operating from. You could try asking them if they have any other immigration cases linked to your address. They won't come again unless there is some new information.
11 Officers does sound slightly overkill for a private address, though. Do you live in a 50-room mansion?

Newly Registered

Post by .:illusion: » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:46 pm

Well thanks for the reply......

Code: Select all

Well, they said sorry. What else could you expect them to do? 
If it was you..... Would sorry be enough disturbing 8 people, 6 o'clock in the morning.

Btw we live in a 5 bedroom house.

I would of loved to see them mowing my lawn but the sad thing is i have no lawn :(

Thanks for your advise though i will call to see who and were they got their info from.

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:59 pm

erm... i would have thought that u could make an official complaint. when the police trooped into Harry Redknap's house in the morning he did make an official complaint. so i would ask a competent person who knows about this things or go to the CAB. but i doubt if it will be taken on board by BIA.

Newly Registered

Post by .:illusion: » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:59 pm

Thanks for the reply

I have a filed a complaint with BIA... Just going to wait and see what their reply is.

My local CAB is closed, I will call them tomorrow.

I'm starting hate these people. My mother was robbed by a kosovan her hand bag was snatched. Inside was Passports, Bank cards, money, Bills & statements.

Few months later My younger sister gets robbed. Purse taken out her bag while she was in a news agent. Yes by a Kosovan.

And now this....

Biggie

Post by Biggie » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:44 pm

Hold on here, what's your real beef??? Immigration officers raid your house and your first port of call is to log on to this website and ask for help. You are offered some advice but you still want to go on about Kosovan's.

Also by the way l am not Kosovan, if you think l'm defending them.

Biggie.

Newly Registered

Post by .:illusion: » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:02 am

Biggie wrote:Hold on here, what's your real beef??? Immigration officers raid your house and your first port of call is to log on to this website and ask for help. You are offered some advice but you still want to go on about Kosovan's.

Also by the way l am not Kosovan, if you think l'm defending them.

Biggie.
Sorry if you took it the wrong way. Im not stupid to think everyone is the same. Its just a minority who act the way they do.

And yes i am even great full for advise i received.

Im just peed that its a coincidence.

rockhall

Post by rockhall » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:56 am

hmmm I find it strange that, a british citizen's house with british passports was raided by 11 officers and this is the first port of call hmmm!!! something does not smell right!!!

I maybe wrong but I do not think a british would come on here to seek advise after all that drama.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:00 am

.:illusion: wrote:Thanks for the reply

I have a filed a complaint with BIA... Just going to wait and see what their reply is.

I'm starting hate these people. My mother was robbed by a kosovan her hand bag was snatched. Inside was Passports, Bank cards, money, Bills & statements.

Few months later My younger sister gets robbed. Purse taken out her bag while she was in a news agent. Yes by a Kosovan.

And now this....
As I said, identity theft. People from the kosovan community (how do you know, by the way) got hold of your family's personal details and started using your address, probably to apply for a job.
The Immigration Service were only doing theirs.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:14 am

Mr Rusty wrote:

And now this....
As I said, identity theft. People from the kosovan community (how do you know, by the way) got hold of your family's personal details and started using your address, probably to apply for a job.
Reminds me of a guy at work who said he saw a ghost of a Polish WW2 Airman - how did he know he was Polish.....

And I wonder if the ghost is now actually exercising a treaty right and can bring his non-EU family ghosts over here?

What treaty right though? Is haunting counted as working? Self sufficient?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Hernancortes

Post by Hernancortes » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:59 pm

"Thanks for the reply

And now this...."

You clearly harbour resentment towards Kosovans. Your story doesn't make sense and i believe there is something you aren't telling us.
I would have loved to have offered advice but your lovely hinders me from doing so. Seek help elsewhere.

m000n

Post by m000n » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:05 pm

Hi illusion the thing happed to me twice and i send report to local MP and she send me confirmation letter that she is doing some thing about this
you can do this too Caz only sorry is not enough they should make sure they never come again before confirmation
you can complain via this web site

http://www.writetothem.com/

Many thanks

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:55 pm

Hello m000n
they should make sure they never come again before confirmation
How are they going to do that? Ring up and ask "Is Miss Y, Mr X and Mrs Z there? Will they be in tomorrow at 7am? By the way, we are going to come round to arrest them so please ask them to be in."

It is not as if they are likely to be on the electoral register etc.. to confirm that they are there. And the householder could lie, or know people by different names anyway.

As long as they were as professional as they could be in the circumstances, I cannot see what else they could have done. I am sure it is not nice, but I cannot see how they can avoid visiting the wrong address sometimes. People do use false IDs and use false addresses.

Regards

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:58 am

And now this....
Does your mother live with you? Maybe they got your address from her.

And - whenever this happened to your mother - be sure that she has reported her passport missing/stolen, and if it was one with those ID chips (the new sorts) and if she knows the passport number,, make sure she passed those details on to police. You'd be surprised how many people can be bought into the country with just one passport.

(And no, I'm not referring to Kosovars, just any dodgy people smuggler.)

Newly Registered

Post by .:illusion: » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:58 pm

Mr Rusty wrote:
Cause it was caught on cctv.

------------
Hernancortes wrote:You clearly harbour resentment towards Kosovans. Your story doesn't make sense and i believe there is something you aren't telling us.
I would have loved to have offered advice but your lovely hinders me from doing so. Seek help elsewhere.
What does not make sense? And what do you want me to tell you ?

As I mentioned above im not against all Ksovans, its just those who think its a good thing to steal like every other race. May be if i knew their names i would of not said kosovan.

And thank you for your comment if your not interested then dont visit this thread. You look elsewhere.

---------------------
rockhall wrote:hmmm I find it strange that, a british citizen's house with british passports was raided by 11 officers and this is the first port of call hmmm!!! something does not smell right!!!

I maybe wrong but I do not think a british would come on here to seek advise after all that drama.
Prior moving into this property the previous landlord had converted the property into flats. Where i am guessing that these people use to live here.

Even now we get letters for so many people with different names.
We have reported this to the police a while back.

So yes that is what i was thinking why did they come and visit a British Citizens house.

And yes.... Just because i am British does not mean i have all the answers
------------------------------

Wanderer wrote:Reminds me of a guy at work who said he saw a ghost of a Polish WW2 Airman - how did he know he was Polish.....

And I wonder if the ghost is now actually exercising a treaty right and can bring his non-EU family ghosts over here?

What treaty right though? Is haunting counted as working? Self sufficient?
What are you on about....??

--------------------------------
PaperPusher wrote:How are they going to do that? Ring up and ask "Is Miss Y, Mr X and Mrs Z there? Will they be in tomorrow at 7am? By the way, we are going to come round to arrest them so please ask them to be in."

It is not as if they are likely to be on the electoral register etc.. to confirm that they are there. And the householder could lie, or know people by different names anyway.

As long as they were as professional as they could be in the circumstances, I cannot see what else they could have done. I am sure it is not nice, but I cannot see how they can avoid visiting the wrong address sometimes. People do use false IDs and use false addresses.

Regards

I completely agree.

I was in shock, cause we see these things on Tv and hear about it on radio. We dont exactly expect this to happen when your a British. But yes like you said they were doing their job.
---------
sakura wrote:Does your mother live with you? Maybe they got your address from her.

And - whenever this happened to your mother - be sure that she has reported her passport missing/stolen, and if it was one with those ID chips (the new sorts) and if she knows the passport number,, make sure she passed those details on to police. You'd be surprised how many people can be bought into the country with just one passport

She does Live with us. We had reported stolen on the same day and got a replacement within 3 weeks.

Thank you for your comments.
Last edited by .:illusion: on Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hernancortes

Post by Hernancortes » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:42 pm

"And thank you for your comment if your not interested then dont visit this thread. You look elsewhere."

If you hadn't said 'i'm starting to hate these people' i wouldn't have responded the way i did. What was the relevance of their nationality to your enquiry?
:roll:

Newly Registered

Post by .:illusion: » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:15 pm

Hernancortes wrote:"And thank you for your comment if your not interested then dont visit this thread. You look elsewhere."

If you hadn't said 'i'm starting to hate these people' i wouldn't have responded the way i did. What was the relevance of their nationality to your enquiry?
:roll:
They came looking for a Kosovan... If you read the first post properly, you would have noticed.

What did you expect me to say..... "I love the people who stole my mothers and sisters property"

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:38 pm

ur brush with id theft might not be over. things may get worse like seen on the link and the pcpro link in that article. so take precautions now, sign up for a yearly contract for continuously monitored credit report service and also id theft screening etc offered by experian or the other 2 credit report agencies and also take out id theft insurance, it comes free with some types of advantage gold accounts or with some types of credit cards. see how to get some of these free on www.moneysavingexpert.co.uk

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:56 pm

your mothers passport and other stuff was stolen and she lives with you. someone is obviously using these items and your address. a simple explanation to the immigration department along the lines of "my mothers passport was stolen by someone who was possibly kosovan and here is the police reference number/letter from passport agency/new passport" would probably be the end of it. the immigration service are just doing their job. stereotyping all kosovans as theives or whatever is just as bad as other dearly beloved and you should think about what you write before you hit the keyboard.