ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply for tier 2 extention

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shahno
United Kingdom

When to apply for tier 2 extention

Post by Shahno » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:07 am

Hi all,

I have searched the forum but was unable to get a clear answer. Please I just have a quick question. When is the earliest that we could apply for our tier 2 extension? does it have to be 3 months in advance? our could it be earlier than that. Our current visa is expiring on the 21/6/2018 and we will complete 6 years on the tier 2 general in January as our old visa (with an old sponsor) was issued on 19/1/2013. My husband (main applicant) will complete 10 years this October and he will apply for ilr 10 years route in September.

Can we apply for the extension now, like this month for example? or do we have to apply in March?

Your help is really appreciated.

Thank you very much.

saliame
Pakistan

Re: When to apply for tier 2 extention

Post by saliame » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:24 am

Hi, you can apply whenever you want, COS start date should not be more than 90 days in future

*it has a start date no more than 3 months after the date of application. So if you apply 10th Feb Cos start date should not be beyond 7th-10th May(please calculate 3 months yourself), and assuming you do not have COS assigned yet but to be clear, COS assigned date should no more than 3 months before the date of application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:32 am

Our current visa is expiring on the 21/6/2018 and we will complete 6 years on the tier 2 general in January as our old visa (with an old sponsor) was issued on 19/1/2013.

Why is he not applying for ILR now as he already has 5 years residence??
My husband (main applicant) will complete 10 years this October and he will apply for ilr 10 years route in September.
You won't be able to apply for ILR if he goes the long residence route. You will have to apply to change visa to FLR(M) which will reset your clock to zero and a new 5 years residence period before you can apply for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:36 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:32 am
Our current visa is expiring on the 21/6/2018 and we will complete 6 years on the tier 2 general in January as our old visa (with an old sponsor) was issued on 19/1/2013.

Why is he not applying for ILR now as he already has 5 years residence??

Because he's not earning the 35K threshold. He's an Occupational therapist in the NHS.
My husband (main applicant) will complete 10 years this October and he will apply for ilr 10 years route in September.
You won't be able to apply for ILR if he goes the long residence route. You will have to apply to change visa to FLR(M) which will reset your clock to zero and a new 5 years residence period before you can apply for ILR.
I know :cry:
Last edited by Shahno on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:37 am

saliame wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:24 am
Hi, you can apply whenever you want, COS start date should not be more than 90 days in future

*it has a start date no more than 3 months after the date of application. So if you apply 10th Feb Cos start date should not be beyond 7th-10th May(please calculate 3 months yourself), and assuming you do not have COS assigned yet but to be clear, COS assigned date should no more than 3 months before the date of application.
Thank you very much :)