ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Refund

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nauman.rana

IHS Refund

Post by nauman.rana » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:58 pm

Hi All,

I need a bit of help. I have searched the forum and there are different output for many people. I applied for FLR(M) extension back in April for same day service and application was approved on same day. I paid my IHS as a part of application process. Now Thank to ALMIGHT ALLAH that i have received the ILR. I am wonderig is there a chance i can get my remaining IHS refund.
is the below email address correct to send an email pscappointmentrefunds@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
or should i write a letter to croydon office where i got my ILR. Please help what is the best possible way to go to.

Thanks

nauman.rana

Re: IHS Refund

Post by nauman.rana » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:28 am

Hi All,

Please help
Thanks

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:35 am

nauman.rana wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:58 pm
Hi All,

I need a bit of help. I have searched the forum and there are different output for many people. I applied for FLR(M) extension back in April for same day service and application was approved on same day. I paid my IHS as a part of application process. Now Thank to ALMIGHT ALLAH that i have received the ILR. I am wonderig is there a chance i can get my remaining IHS refund.
is the below email address correct to send an email pscappointmentrefunds@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
or should i write a letter to croydon office where i got my ILR. Please help what is the best possible way to go to.

Thanks
Hi,

You applied for an FLR(M) extension in April 2017, when where you granted ILR?

Maybe read this thread, something similar to yours.

From last post on that thread, it may jot be possible depending on circumstances.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

krish_only4u
United Kingdom

Post by krish_only4u » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:24 pm

The rules may have been different in the past but I don't think it is possible to get the IHS back now.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds

You won’t get a refund if:

you’re applying for indefinite leave to remain or changing to another visa where you don’t need to pay the IHS

nauman.rana

Post by nauman.rana » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:14 pm

oh man such a shame. I am not sure when have they change the rules, as by the looks of it members on this forum have received a refund.

Do you think its worth a try?

Thanks