ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few Doubts regarding Tier 1 Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

frenzy_nuts
Newly Registered

Few Doubts regarding Tier 1 Application

Post by frenzy_nuts » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:42 am

Hi Folks,
I am currently in the UK for past 2 years on a work permit sponsored by my current employer. I am planning to get HSMP here & I u'std that Tier 1 application form is what i need to submit to the home office. I have few doubts about the application form/ documents required to support my application. Request you to help me out with your knowledge.

1. Section 2 C Passport travel Documents Details: DO I need to show my travel tickets here alongwith the passport? I dont have my travel tickets with me now as its lost somewhere. Moreover, I visited India couple of times after my entry in the UK. I dont have any travel tickets with me. I am not sure how to arrange it.

2. Section 2 D15: Original written confirmation from the applicant’s sponsor giving consent to this employment: I am not sure what this document is, is it my deputation letter that I got from my employer or it is the work permit document? If it is deputation letter, I got it through e-mail from my employer, do I need to get the deputation letter attested by HR or Notary?

I would appreciate your replies on the same.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Re: Few Doubts regarding Tier 1 Application

Post by T_mahmood » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:26 pm

frenzy_nuts wrote:Hi Folks,
I am currently in the UK for past 2 years on a work permit sponsored by my current employer. I am planning to get HSMP here & I u'std that Tier 1 application form is what i need to submit to the home office. I have few doubts about the application form/ documents required to support my application. Request you to help me out with your knowledge.

1. Section 2 C Passport travel Documents Details: DO I need to show my travel tickets here alongwith the passport? I dont have my travel tickets with me now as its lost somewhere. Moreover, I visited India couple of times after my entry in the UK. I dont have any travel tickets with me. I am not sure how to arrange it.

2. Section 2 D15: Original written confirmation from the applicant’s sponsor giving consent to this employment: I am not sure what this document is, is it my deputation letter that I got from my employer or it is the work permit document? If it is deputation letter, I got it through e-mail from my employer, do I need to get the deputation letter attested by HR or Notary?

I would appreciate your replies on the same.

1. Travel document means your passport. You dont need to show your air tickets etc.

2. If you have job offer, then you can give this letter to confirm your appoinment. Otherwise you dont need any, except the documentary evidence to claim your min 75 points to get on Tier one.
Thinking low is crime....

frenzy_nuts
Newly Registered

Post by frenzy_nuts » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:34 pm

Hi Mahmood,

Thanks for your quick response. Will it be okay if I show send them my new original job offer letter instead of my current employer's deputation letter as I dont have any original deputation letter with me.

I was doubtful about the two points mentioned below in my first question. As you said I dont need to worry about my air tickets & Employee's consent form, but is it okay if I send them my current work permit & new Job offer?

Another advise from you mahmood. I am planning to apply for tier1 visa on my own as agencies are charging me hefty amount (more than 800£). I would like to save that money but at the same time, i dont want my application to be rejected because of any kind of lack in documental evidence.

I hope you have got your visa done in this newly introduced tier1 process.

Please advise.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:00 pm

frenzy_nuts wrote:Hi Mahmood,

Thanks for your quick response. Will it be okay if I show send them my new original job offer letter instead of my current employer's deputation letter as I dont have any original deputation letter with me.

I was doubtful about the two points mentioned below in my first question. As you said I dont need to worry about my air tickets & Employee's consent form, but is it okay if I send them my current work permit & new Job offer?

Another advise from you mahmood. I am planning to apply for tier1 visa on my own as agencies are charging me hefty amount (more than 800£). I would like to save that money but at the same time, i dont want my application to be rejected because of any kind of lack in documental evidence.

I hope you have got your visa done in this newly introduced tier1 process.

Please advise.

First of all bear in mind that Tier 1 is point bassd system. You have to score min 75 points, English language and maintenence funds. For that you should have solid documentary evidence. If you have all these, you dont need to go to any solicitor.
You dont need to send your work permit or any job offer letter. Just send your proof of earnings ie. 12 months Payslips, Bankstatements confirming your salay, letter from your present emplyeer confirming your salary and Your P60 convering full or part earning period. Your age documents if you are claiming age points. Your qualifications (degree) etc.

frenzy_nuts
Newly Registered

Post by frenzy_nuts » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:52 pm

Hi Mahmood,

I have my attested salary slips & Bank Statements for all the 12 months but i dont have any letter from my employer stating my earnings in last 12 months & neither I have P60 form.

I have read that any two supporting documents for earnings will suffice the cause & I have these two. I hope its okay. please let me know ur views on the same.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:22 am

I have my attested salary slips & Bank Statements for all the 12 months but i dont have any letter from my employer stating my earnings in last 12 months & neither I have P60 form.

I have read that any two supporting documents for earnings will suffice the cause & I have these two. I hope its okay. please let me know ur views on the same.
If you have the proof of the tax paid for the full duration you have claimed and you are not claiming exception circumstances then its ok. But as you dont have P60 (Main Tax document) you need to claim exception circumstances and provide furthur evidnece to support your income claim.

frenzy_nuts
Newly Registered

Post by frenzy_nuts » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:50 am

I dont have any tax documents but at the same time, I am claiming points on my Net salary which is deposited in my bank account & it matches with the salary slip as my employer pays the taxes on my behalf & the salary slip also doesn't mention any taxes because I get net salary.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:08 pm

Your salary slips doesnt mention any thing abt. Tax??also u dont have P60??
If i was you, i will first try to find out tax details from my employer...Make sure that u/employer r paying tax and working legally...Now a days HO and Income tax. dept share a lot of info/database...So first make sure that u r on safe ground before applying for Tier 1...

Ashish

frenzy_nuts
Newly Registered

Post by frenzy_nuts » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:42 pm

Hi Ahish,

My employer does pay the taxes for sure... I have a document from them which mentions my gross & net salary & it also states that the taxes are paid by the employer on behalf of the employee... I hope it will work... but as i stated in my previous posts, i am showing my net salary as my gross salary & I am claiming points on the basis of my net salary to avoid any risk there... But i have aniother question here...

the salary credited in my bank account doesnt show my employer's name. it just says... freeflow in/citibank... can it cause any issue ? please suggest.

frenzy_nuts
Newly Registered

Post by frenzy_nuts » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:37 am

guys ...

i have got few more doubts regarding tier 1 application form.

1. In the qualifications assessment section. (3H).. they ask for institution name ... should i fill my college name or the university name to which my college is affiliated? My degree certificate is issued by university.

2. What is Home office reference number?
(Section 2, B10)

Please help me with the answers for these qstns.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:58 pm

frenzy_nuts wrote:guys ...

i have got few more doubts regarding tier 1 application form.

1. In the qualifications assessment section. (3H).. they ask for institution name ... should i fill my college name or the university name to which my college is affiliated? My degree certificate is issued by university.

2. What is Home office reference number?
(Section 2, B10)

Please help me with the answers for these qstns.
1. You should write your university name, who has awareded you degree, not the college where you have been studing.

2. If you are applying as first approval, you dont need to write.

frenzy_nuts
Newly Registered

Post by frenzy_nuts » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:37 pm

Thanks Mahmood & Ashish,

you guys have been very helpful ... i think i am ready for my application with BIA. Its just the covering letter that I have to compose now. Will seek your guidance then :)

Thanks Again.

frenzy_nuts
Newly Registered

Post by frenzy_nuts » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:08 pm

Hi Mahmood,

I have a questions. I hope u can throw some light on it:

the salary credited in my bank account doesnt show my employer's name. it just says... freeflow in/citibank... can it cause any issue ? please suggest...

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:25 pm

I have a questions. I hope u can throw some light on it:

the salary credited in my bank account doesnt show my employer's name. it just says... freeflow in/citibank... can it cause any issue ? please suggest...

I had been ideal if your employeer name is mentioned in salary transactions. To be on safe side;

1. Get a letter from your employeer confirming each transaction with the date.
2. Salary slips should corrrosponde with the transaction.

I hope this would be ok.