ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lawyer fees

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Phoebian
inactive
Mood:
United Kingdom

Lawyer fees

Post by Phoebian » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi all,

Myself and my partner are going through the process for a family visa for her.

We decided that it was best to go through a lawyer because of the sheer amount of forms and evidence to provide, we thought it was best in the long run just to make sure it was done correctly and reduce the risk of having to submit an application again at a cost of another home office fee.

I am wondering, as I see many people speaking about their lawyer, how much have people paid for lawyer fees?

I didn't see a topic as of yet about this.

I am going through a law firm in London whos costs are £2000 for a start to finish project management of the application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Lawyer fees

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:10 pm

I didn't see a topic as of yet about this.
There isn't one as it would only become unmanageable and tedious to moderate.
I am going through a law firm in London whos costs are £2000 for a start to finish project management of the application.
A lawyer has no influence on your application and they very often get applications terribly wrong resulting in refusals.

It is not a difficult application to make and the majority of applicants do them on their own, most with help from the forum. It is two forms (one online and one paper) and supporting documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Lawyer fees

Post by seagul » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:55 pm

£2000 is a large sum to pay while even more help you can get here freely :lol: :lol:

Since the requirements getting tightened and rules getting changed most of solicitors can't cope it and good ones voluntarily left immigration consultancy and switch into family/property/criminal laws consultancy and I 've seen quite a lot :lol:
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.