ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Referee address. Please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tanita1981
Newly Registered
Latvia

MN1 Referee address. Please help

Post by Tanita1981 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi,
I wonder if someone had the same issue as me. I gave out application form MN1 to my son’s class teacher to fill the section- Referee 1. Teacher put school address and not her home address. I have phoned up Immigation and Visa office and been advised that it is not acceptable and address should be referee’s home one. Headteacher confirmed with council authorities that based on Data Protection Act teacher not advised to enclose personal information. I have popped in to Medical practice and had confirmation that Doctor would put practice address as well. Did anyone had the same issue and how you get over it? I am puzzled now. Many thanks in advance.

lostboy14
Newly Registered
Puerto Rico

Re: MN1 Referee address. Please help

Post by lostboy14 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:46 pm

Tanita1981 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:29 pm
Hi,
I wonder if someone had the same issue as me. I gave out application form MN1 to my son’s class teacher to fill the section- Referee 1. Teacher put school address and not her home address. I have phoned up Immigation and Visa office and been advised that it is not acceptable and address should be referee’s home one. Headteacher confirmed with council authorities that based on Data Protection Act teacher not advised to enclose personal information. I have popped in to Medical practice and had confirmation that Doctor would put practice address as well. Did anyone had the same issue and how you get over it? I am puzzled now. Many thanks in advance.
I am also in same situation its so hard to get 1 professional referee,cant even do it online coz of this referee

gaffarn
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by gaffarn » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:20 pm

I didn't apply for MN1 registration for a child to be a citizen. But I applied for Naturalisation for myself an adult on AN1 both my referees despite knowing them in an informal capacity and visiting their houses etc used professional address in the naturalisation form.

I remember my friend who was my professional referee even stamping the form with her work stamp showing her work address. Unless others which have MN1 registration experience can say otherwise, I don't think the personal address of their home or their professional address matters more that they know you and are willing to vouch for you that's all. Just make sure whoever you pick is trustworthy and has a good character.

leigh80
Newly Registered

Post by leigh80 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:43 am

I'm in the same situation. Both school teachers have used the School Address and contact number. I queried this yesterday on the board and moderators have said it is fine.

leigh80
Newly Registered

Post by leigh80 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:13 am

Tanita1981 I have just called Home Office and been advised that the referees using the school address is ACCEPTABLE. I am submitting my son's MN1 today via NCS.

Tanita1981
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by Tanita1981 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:27 pm

leigh80 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:13 am
Tanita1981 I have just called Home Office and been advised that the referees using the school address is ACCEPTABLE. I am submitting my son's MN1 today via NCS.
Are you doing this online or paper version?
Thank you so much for the info as I was yesterday so frustrated.

leigh80
Newly Registered

Post by leigh80 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:34 pm

I've done the paper version. Submitted via NCS today and they said school address is acceptable.