ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April EC applicants from India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

britimmig
Newly Registered

Post by britimmig » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:10 am

Hi All,

Lot of us in india have already HSMP approval letter and would be applying for EC in april.
Since EC process has changed in india from april 1st,i would encourage all people who already have applied this week to list out the exact documents needed for EC.

I have gone through the vfs site,http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/pbsguidance.aspx and some forms (tier1) mentioned are as below.

VAF9A
VAF9B

Questions to everybody in the forum.
1)Maintenance funds requirement for applicants from india is 2800 pounds?
2)Fees for EC is still 16000 rs?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
britimmig

ammu28

Post by ammu28 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:15 pm

britimmig,
Questions to everybody in the forum.
1)Maintenance funds requirement for applicants from india is 2800 pounds?
Yes
2)Fees for EC is still 16000 rs?
Regards
Ammu

ukhsmp

Post by ukhsmp » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:28 pm

Hi Ammu28,
I have a couple of questions.pls help me out in the below queries as I am planning to apply after Apr 1st

1. The new rule states that a maintenance fund of 800 GBP should be maintained for 3 months, does this 3 months mean 90 days or is it okay if that amount is reflected in 3 months bank statements.
2. What are the documents that I have to submit during for EC.
3. I heard that last 6 months salary slip is enough when applying for EC, is it true.
4. Is the Experience letter(Stating my technical expertise) from my employer mandatory or a letter stating that I am still employed with the company is enough.
5. What are the docs that I should show for liquid fund, I am planning to take a personal loan ,is this acceptable.
6. My brother is in U.K for the past 4 yrs, he is willing to sponsor me, what are the documents that he should provide .

Thanks inm advance
ukhsmp

britimmig
Newly Registered

Post by britimmig » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:58 pm

Thanks Ammu for your response.

Also it would be great if someone could list the documents needed post april 1st for entry clearance.

Thanks everybody for your continued support.

globallylocal
Newly Registered

VFS Answer and 3 simple questions

Post by globallylocal » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:33 am

Hello,
I called the VFS call center today morning. I was told that I had to apply for EC as per the old regulations. Upon insisting that the website says that I have to use the Tier-1 application form, the call center escalated the call to her supervisor.

This Mr Supervisor assured me that the website will be updated soon.. and that he has the latest info that we have to use the previous application format . This news he said is currently not reflected in the website as he recieved this intimation just y'day.

So i posed him a simple question ..."where is the application form , that i need to fill". He said he would find out and promptly cut the call.javascript:emoticon(':roll:')
Rolling Eyes

I thought i remembered his name and called the VFS center again. One lady with a screeching voice said that the supervisor "Mr Supervisor" is on a call and that the call with me had got "disconnected" and he would call back.

I am not expecting one .. and am back to square one...........So if any one can answer my 3 Questions , it would be great :

3 Questions on Transitional arrangements for those with a HSMP approval letter

I have recieved my HSMP approval letter on the 26th March 2008. After a thorough search, I understand that arrangements have been put in place to allow those who have an HSMP approval letter to apply for entry clearance under "Transitional arrangements for those with a HSMP approval letter".

Since I would be applying for EC from Bangalore under the above-mentioned arrangment, could you pls clarify\confirm the below mentioned points for me.

1)In the application form, should I fill only the Maintainence Section and Ignore the Rest of the sections, since I have the HSMP approval letter ?

2) What should be the fund balance shown. Is it 800 Pounds or 2800 Pounds . Also whether the amount (800 or 2800) should be present in my a/c around the time of applying or throughout the 3 months.

3) Can Fixed Deposits , be shown as proof of maintainence funds . I think this is a reasonable point as I cannot imagine people keeping (if the amt is 2800pounds i.e around 2lakhs 30 Thousand Rupees) idle in their savings a/c for 3 months without prior intimation /purpose.

Cheers,
Iranoff

h_s_m_p

Post by h_s_m_p » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:41 pm

I can answer for one question.

As of till today...The rule for Indian citizen is

You should be in a position to show that you have maintained 2800 pounds for three months in your account.

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Re: VFS Answer and 3 simple questions

Post by crusador0408 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:20 pm

globallylocal wrote:Hello,
I called the VFS call center today morning. I was told that I had to apply for EC as per the old regulations. Upon insisting that the website says that I have to use the Tier-1 application form, the call center escalated the call to her supervisor.

This Mr Supervisor assured me that the website will be updated soon.. and that he has the latest info that we have to use the previous application format . This news he said is currently not reflected in the website as he recieved this intimation just y'day.

So i posed him a simple question ..."where is the application form , that i need to fill". He said he would find out and promptly cut the call.javascript:emoticon(':roll:')
Rolling Eyes

I thought i remembered his name and called the VFS center again. One lady with a screeching voice said that the supervisor "Mr Supervisor" is on a call and that the call with me had got "disconnected" and he would call back.

I am not expecting one .. and am back to square one...........So if any one can answer my 3 Questions , it would be great :

I have recieved my HSMP approval letter on the 26th March 2008. After a thorough search, I understand that arrangements have been put in place to allow those who have an HSMP approval letter to apply for entry clearance under "Transitional arrangements for those with a HSMP approval letter".

Since I would be applying for EC from Bangalore under the above-mentioned arrangment, could you pls clarify\confirm the below mentioned points for me.

1)In the application form, should I fill only the Maintainence Section and Ignore the Rest of the sections, since I have the HSMP approval letter ?

2) What should be the fund balance shown. Is it 800 Pounds or 2800 Pounds . Also whether the amount (800 or 2800) should be present in my a/c around the time of applying or throughout the 3 months.

3) Can Fixed Deposits , be shown as proof of maintainence funds . I think this is a reasonable point as I cannot imagine people keeping (if the amt is 2800pounds i.e around 2lakhs 30 Thousand Rupees) idle in their savings a/c for 3 months without prior intimation /purpose.

Cheers,
Iranoff
why dont u email to them and British high commission also...tht way u will have permanent proof.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

globallylocal
Newly Registered

Post by globallylocal » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:38 am

crusador0408 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Cheers,
Iranoff
why dont u email to them and British high commission also...tht way u will have permanent proof.
Hi Crusader,
Have mailed to the VFS, copying British High Commission too.

Cheers for that idea,
Iranoff

bhavyaanil
Newly Registered

Post by bhavyaanil » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:16 am

hi Iranoff,
please let everybody know if u get a reply from HO.

I've a query.
My sal account is in citibank and i have few FD in canarabank.
Some where i read that 2800 pounds should be in single bank account...iam confused...
can i have for ex:
1,50,000 in savings citi acct and rest in FD can bank???
regards
bhavya
globallylocal wrote:
crusador0408 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Cheers,
Iranoff
Hi Crusader,

Cheers for that idea,
Iranoff

h_s_m_p

Post by h_s_m_p » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:10 am

This is what available in homeoffice site

You must send one or a combination of the following:

personal bank or building society statements covering a period of three months;
building society passbook or passbooks covering a period of three months;
letter from your bank confirming the level of funds in your bank account and that they have been held in that account for at least three months;
letter from a financial institution regulated by the Financial Services Authority confirming funds.

premkumar_n_uk
Newly Registered

EC Application Form

Post by premkumar_n_uk » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:38 am

Hi Friends
I got my HSMP approval on Feb 29, 2008.
I am planning for EC in the 2nd week of April.

Please let me know which application form is to be used for EC?

Can I use the same form (VAF2) or I need to get the new application forms (i.e after the tier changes on April 1st 2008)

Much appreciated if you provide me the link to download the application form also.

Thanks in Anticipation,
Premkumar Natarajan

pbn
Newly Registered

Post by pbn » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:42 pm

Hi All,

I have got my HSMP approval on 12th March and I am applying for EC now.
I had been to VFS office ( banaglore) and they say that we have to apply under old rules i.e we have to use VAF2. But the VFS website shows that we have to use VAF9 but the fee remains the same.

In the new scheme, they ask for 2800 pounds maintained for 3 months. Though I have the total sum of 2800, I dont have it maintained for 3 months.

Can anybody please suggest what can be done in this situation?
Also I dont have any fixed deposits in any other banks.

whether the Insurance, PF and mutual funds are considerd? If so what proof do I have to provide?

Can anybody please clarify me on the same?

Quick reply is appreciated.

Kindly help

Thank you.

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:59 pm

bhavyaanil wrote:hi Iranoff,
please let everybody know if u get a reply from HO.

I've a query.
My sal account is in citibank and i have few FD in canarabank.
Some where i read that 2800 pounds should be in single bank account...iam confused...
can i have for ex:
1,50,000 in savings citi acct and rest in FD can bank???
regards
bhavya
globallylocal wrote:
crusador0408 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Cheers,
Iranoff
Hi Crusader,

Cheers for that idea,
Iranoff
You can get that in total from all sources so tht money is ready and in liquid form.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

rely

Post by rely » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:44 am

Can any one please tell which form to use for dependents?link shows VAF10 but I always get a guideline not a form.
rely

It says:-
"You should not use this application form if you are a dependant, for example a partner or child under 18, of a main applicant. You should complete the separate dependant application form, VAF 10. There are guidance notes for completing VAF 10."

You must fill in the form using a black or blue pen.

rely

Post by rely » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:39 pm

any takers please.No response.

Can any one please tell which form to use for dependents?link shows VAF10 but I always get a guideline not a form.
rely

It says:-
"You should not use this application form if you are a dependant, for example a partner or child under 18, of a main applicant. You should complete the separate dependant application form, VAF 10. There are guidance notes for completing VAF 10."

You must fill in the form using a black or blue pen.[/quote]

satheeshkumar

Documents required for EC

Post by satheeshkumar » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:13 am

Dear All

Can any of those who have got EC recently let us know what are the docs that are required to be submitted for this process?

Which is the application form to be used for this and what docs are needed??

The info will be helpful.

Regards.

reenak
Newly Registered

Documents required for EC Tier 1 Transitional Arrangement

Post by reenak » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:04 pm

Hi,

I have got my HSMP Approval letter on 28th March 2008. Now I would like to apply for EC under Tier 1. As per the Tier 1 (General) Transitional arrangements, I get 75 points automatically and I need to only submit documents for my maintenance funds showing £2800 balance for last 3 months.

So the list of documents to be submitted would be:
1. VAF9A and VAF9B application forms
2. Document showing Maintenance funds
3. Photograph (45 * 35 mm)

I would like to know is there any other document that I need to submit during my EC.
Recently when I enquired from VFS call center, I was told that I also need to submit all the documents that I had submitted while I had applied for my initial HSMP application (documents for claiming 75 points like previous earnings - pay slips, educational qualification, etc) once again now while applying for my EC under transitional arrangements.

But nowhere on the VFS website is this mentioned that I need to submit all the documents once again. Please clarify on this as I am confused.

It would be helpful if you can list out the final list of documents required for applying for EC
under Tier 1 Transitional arrangement.

Would appreciate an early reply from your side.

Thanks in advance.

Reena

britimmig
Newly Registered

No response from VFS

Post by britimmig » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:49 pm

I have mailed VFS to send all the documents needed for transitional arrangements.But still no response.Looks like VFS itself is not sure.

But as a precaution i would suggest to fill all the old forms also.

VAF2
Integra
proforma

It would be great if Anybody who has applied after April 1st for EC,post the new procedure.

Thanks ,
Sachin

reenak
Newly Registered

Documents for EC

Post by reenak » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:13 pm

Where can i find Integra and proforma forms for applying for EC?

globallylocal
Newly Registered

VFS - A Bunch of "UNfunny" Jokers

Post by globallylocal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:18 am

Finally I went to VFS office ,Bangalore. The guy over there was friendly and tried his best to help.

They don't have the latest Tier i.e 9A, 9B forms. He told me to fill the old form for the EC part. Upon stressing that the website does not say so for transitional arrangement, he visited his Mysterious Manager. Then he came back and said they accept both kind of forms (i.e the old type and the new ones too).

My point is the VFS, Bangalore is not trained on the new rules yet. The call center is even worse . Though they don't know anything, they act as if they do. Only thing they get right is the English but the content is as helpful as a Wollen Pullover on a Hot Summer Day.

My conclusion....... I am going ahead with the new form.

And regarding Maintainence Fund , the stupid vfs call center guy says only savings a/c can be shown while the rest(fd, mutual funds ) he is not sure.

My Letter to vfs and brit high commission , which i sent has not been replied.

Regarding the question of rest of the forms, i.e integra will be available at the VFS office or u can download from blogs on HSMP.
(I don't have the link here.. i will post it from office )

Cheers,
Iranoff

britimmig
Newly Registered

integra and proforma forms

Post by britimmig » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:24 am

you can download the Old forms from this Blog by Paul.
Thanks to Paul for creating such a useful blog on hsmp.

Check this link .
http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/ec- ... -hsmp.html

britimmig
Newly Registered

maintenance funds requirement 2800 pounds

Post by britimmig » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:30 am

Hi All,

I have the minimum 2800 pounds in my salary account.
For maintenance requirement is it that 2800 pounds should be consistently present in your account for sometime or just the balance at the time of application should be more than 2800 pounds.

My last salary (credited on april 1st ) was around 1 lacs due to the annual bonus.
Will this be a problem as they say huge funds should be deposited just before applying for EC?

Thanks in advance for your help.

satheeshkumar

Re: VFS - A Bunch of "UNfunny" Jokers

Post by satheeshkumar » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:12 am

Hi Iranoff

Could you plz let me know what are the docs that are required to be submitted for the EC?

Which is the application form to be used for this and what docs are needed??

The info will be helpful, as i will also be applying from bangalore.

Best Regards.

globallylocal
Newly Registered

Re: Documents for EC

Post by globallylocal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:17 am

reenak wrote:Where can i find Integra and proforma forms for applying for EC?

Chk out the link w.rt to Integra and Proforma here:

http://myhsmp.googlepages.com/ecchklist

Cheers,
Iranoff

Tibu

Post by Tibu » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:55 am

i have sent my documents to home office on 14th Feb. got my HSMP approved on 4th April.
Can anyone please tell me whether i need to go for an EC or Tier 1//