ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is another Biometrics with PR Application necessary?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

emigre
Newly Registered

Is another Biometrics with PR Application necessary?

Post by emigre » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:22 pm

Hi All,

Does one need to do a biometrics again with PR application when it has already been carried out for his earlier application to home office?

I am non-EEA citizen married to EEA citizen with a EEA2 residence card obtained in Jan 2017. I did biometrics for it in August 2016.

We have now made an online application for the PR cards. We used the passport return service where the authority didn't scan my Residence Card (with BRP) was with the passport. I was asked to submit it with the application. I however couldn't do it since I needed it for my immediate travel, and BRP constitute to be an essential travel document for me together with the passport. The explanations to the authority at passport return service was in vein, though.

We already had given all the details of the BRP card in the application, and then mention it in the cover letter also that why I couldn't submit it.

I travelled abroad last week , and now have received a letter at home from home office with the request for biometrics.

It would be difficult for me to travel back within the timeframe given for completion of biometrics.

Can someone please suggest if it is necessary again for me to do biometrics or can I write to HO at given email address with the scan of my BRP.

Looking forward to hearing the valuable advices and appreciate the concern.