ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC application Qs

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

BC application Qs

Post by seasky » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:43 pm

1. Can you apply before the exact one year of your ILR (i.e. 28 days before). Mostly care to save any fee raises on the 6th APR (or are they just announced that day and go into effect weeks later?)

2. I see you can now apply online. Does online + Nationality document return service make any difference (in cost or time) vs. NCS?

Trabant

Re: BC application Qs

Post by Trabant » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:00 am

1)
Criteria for applying for naturalisation: a person who:

"had settlement (‘indefinite leave to remain’) in the UK for the last 12 months if you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
had permanent residence status for the last 12 months if you’re a citizen of an EEA country - you need to provide a permanent residence document "

I wouldn't apply before this applies.

2) NCS I applied through claimed they make things faster - but from what I can see here on timelines - I can see the opposite - so I don't see any difference - you keep your originals in both cases which is great- in my opinion it might be even safer to apply online so if I'd be applying just now - I'd do it this way.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BC application Qs

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:03 am

seasky wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:43 pm
1. Can you apply before the exact one year of your ILR (i.e. 28 days before). Mostly care to save any fee raises on the 6th APR (or are they just announced that day and go into effect weeks later?) there is no '28 day concession. You must have held ILR for the full 12 months.

2. I see you can now apply online. Does online + Nationality document return service make any difference (in cost or time) vs. NCS? some have received approval within 3 or 4 weeks using online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.