ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Advice Needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VKM
Newly Registered
India

Spouse Visa - Advice Needed

Post by VKM » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:13 am

Needed some advice please.

I got my ILR on Long Residence yesterday via In Person Appointment at Croydon PEO. Before this I was on Tier 2 ICT Long Term.

My wife has Tier 2 ICT Dependent Visa. I now need to apply for her FLR (M) Visa. I am not able to get any appointments currently and just trying to see the soonest I can get. My query is whether there is a problem if I get an appointment 30 days from now or so. Is my wife visa now invalid?

Thanks for help in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa - Advice Needed

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:46 am

She must apply before her current visa expires (a date you do not mention in your post)!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VKM
Newly Registered
India

Post by VKM » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:50 am

Thanks for the quick reply. The current Tier 2 Dependent expires in August 2019. I guess then the sooner we apply the sooner we can start the 5 year clock.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:52 am

I guess then the sooner we apply the sooner we can start the 5 year clock.
Correct, so book an appointment for when you can find one. Also remember, the visa fees go up on 6th April, so March is very busy for appointments and are booked up really quickly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VKM
Newly Registered
India

Post by VKM » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:53 am

Thanks a lot @CR001. Highly appreciated.