ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR absent consideration at thier discretion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bright1919
inactive
Nigeria

ILR absent consideration at thier discretion

Post by bright1919 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:14 pm

Hello,

I am considering applying for ILR in 2019 on the basis of 10 years continuous stay, however, I defaulted by staying outside the UK for a long time.

I am an international student, came to UK for studies (Tier4) in 2009, BEng, graduated in 2013, MSc in 2014.

I was applying for PhD studies when I decided to travel to my home country for a short break in November 2014, whilst there, I was kidnapped and shot severely (my upper body), it is miracle that I am still alive. In this sense, I was unable to follow/complete my PhD application. At that point my Tier4 visa has expired, however, I came in to the UK using a visiting general Visa due to the incidence in 2015, I was scared for my life. After recovery, I pursued my admission. I was offered a place in another university in 2016, and I am currently studying there.

Taking into account my circumstance to as why I defaulted in the absent rule, I am still qualified to apply for ILR?
Your comments will be helpful. Thanks