ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Planning a surprise visit to the UK for a non EEA national

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Flashbambi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Planning a surprise visit to the UK for a non EEA national

Post by Flashbambi » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:09 pm

I (a British citizen) want to plan a surprise birthday party for my wife (an Iranian citizen living with me in England on a spouse visa). As part of the surprise, I want to arrange for my wife's sister (an Iranian citizen living in Iran) to be there.

I therefore need to arrange a visit visa for my wife's sister to visit us in the UK for the birthday surprise in early May, giving us about three months to get this sorted.

My main concern is the sponsorship. We can't put my wife as the sponsor as that will ruin the surprise, so we can either put myself as the sponsor or have no sponsor. If we put myself as the sponsor, I could explain in a letter the circumstances and reason why my wife isn't sponsoring her sister instead, but this may cause suspicion for the case worker. This will be the first time my wife's sister will be visiting the UK, so for the sake of future applications I don't want to jeopardise this.

The other option is to have no sponsor, but this might be even worse for the application, and she would need to show hotel bookings for her entire visit, and I am intending for her to stay with us. So this is an expensive an undesirable option.

Please offer me any advice or experience you have with surprise visits. I need to start the application soon to make sure she has it in time.

Thank you

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Planning a surprise visit to the UK for a non EEA national

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:17 pm

Sponsorship matters little - it#s reasons to return that count.

UKVI is more concerned with visitors residing or attempting to remain from visit visas so this is the issue you need to address.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....