ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave To Remain with no start date!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ceebee
Newly Registered
South Africa

Indefinite Leave To Remain with no start date!

Post by Ceebee » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:18 pm

Hi all, my ILR is a green sticker/vignettes in my old passport, but the 'date' field has been left blank when it was added to my passport. I attained my ILR 17 years ago (finally decided to apply for BC now), and only when filling in the AN form (online), did this cause an issue as it asked for a date the ILR was granted. This was too long ago for me to remember the exact date and with the absence of a date on the ILR I just put the 1/1/2001 (the online form doesn't allow you to only put a year).
Does anyone on this forum have a similar situation and did this cause any issues with UKVI?

vinny

Re: Indefinite Leave To Remain with no start date!

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:30 pm

Don't put an exact date if you don't remember it. Put down what you do remember, such as year and/or month.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ceebee
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Ceebee » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:37 am

vinny wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:30 pm
Don't put an exact date if you don't remember it. Put down what you do remember, such as year and/or month.
@vinny Unfortunately the online form insist on a day month and year.. it won't allow you to continue without filling it in :?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:08 am

If you put in an arbitrary date, then you should also clearly explain it elsewhere in the online form. Else, they may go looking for the wrong date in their records.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ceebee
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Ceebee » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:43 pm

vinny wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:08 am
If you put in an arbitrary date, then you should also clearly explain it elsewhere in the online form. Else, they may go looking for the wrong date in their records.
Thanks Vinny, I've emailed UKVI and explained the situation. I'm just wondering if not having an ILR start date will delay matters as they won't be able to tell when I was eligible to remain and therefore if I've been in breach of any immigration laws.

I have been using the old passport (and subsequent passports alongside my old one) without any trouble at borders, so there will be some record of me entering on my ILR.